151 Music Center

DrPo

Apr 16, 2018
Athens, Greece
Hi all, I have the opportunity of getting an 151 MC. Although there are really a lot of very good reviews on the web (with only exception the latest from Qobuz) I have not come across any real user experience post. Does anyone here on the Burmester forum have an 151?

thanks in advance,

G.

Hamburger

Nov 6, 2018
My firmware is 4.21.
Reachability status shows a full green bar, meaning good access to my router.

Anybody having problems with TIDAL streaming on MC151? I have been having this problem of repeating or jumping forward on the same track. It's the digital-streaming version of a analogue vinyl skipping or trapped in the groove. I do not use other streaming services like Idagio or Qobuz. I only have TIDAL.
Appreciate any comments or advice.

Hamburger

Nov 6, 2018
I received a Burmester message on my MC151 on 4th Oct 2021, as below.

My iPad apps for BurmesterMC is already the latest at 3.3.1
In Aug'2021, while playing Tidal, songs skipped forward and backward, like a damaged vinyl.
However, now i cannot even log into Tidal with ID & PW on the BurmesterMC apps.
My other devices are all playing Tidal perfectly!!!

C'mon, Burmester, this problem has existed since August 2021, and until now I still cannot play Tidal. This is the first time I am facing such poor response from Burmester with Tidal.

An update of v4.30 was created that i cannot access to. What's happening?!

10/04/2021 5:25 PMNew update available!

Dear Music Lover,

a new update (version 4.30) for your 151 Musiccenter is available.

The most important new features for this device are:

- The user interface as well as the authentication process of TIDAL has been renewed and adapted to the current possibilities.

Other new features include:

- It is now possible to add a booklet to locally saved albums.
- In addition to many minor changes and improvements to the basic system, the behavior of the device especially when streaming has been improved in order to guarantee undisturbed music enjoyment in every situation.

Please note that this software requires the BurmesterMC iPad app from version 3.3.0. This must be updated separately.

Sincerely
Your Burmester team

DomA

Mar 29, 2022
Hi, I don’t use Tidal so cannot comment on the issue you mentioned.
I have no issues with Qobuz though. Plays as expected.
I mostly play from its internal SSD drive though. Everything ripped to WAV.
It sounds amazing and consistently surprises me as to how excellent Red Book CD can sound.

Reactions: Hamburger

Hamburger

Nov 6, 2018
Just reminded myself to update this chat, that my issue has been solved by the Burmester Team. Well done, Burmester Team!!!
I am very happy that the MC 151 plays beautifully now. :)

Reactions: sujay

DomA

Mar 29, 2022
Interesting to know how many Burmester 151 MC users are out there?
How do you get on with yours and what do you think of its performance?
For me, my digital library has never sounded this good. I am constantly surprised just how good Red Book CD can sound. Not to mention 24 bit 96 and 192 kHz. All the details are there but the music just washes over you. It can get emotional sometimes with the right artist/album playing.
In my system the drums, voices and acoustic guitars in particular are outstanding. They sound so real.
Looking forward to reading your thoughts.

Hamburger

Nov 6, 2018
I use my MC151 for all its functions except Idagio. I do not subscribe to Idagio.
On sound quality, ripped CDs sounds the best. In fact, I feel ripped sounds better than playing the CD itself in real-time. Streaming depends on much more variables; Wifi quality, LAN cable quality and so on. I like a good LAN cable directly connected to the router.

Btw, other than cosmetics, what are the key functional differences between the Mk.1 and Mk.2?
Mine is the Mk.1.

Last edited:

DomA

Mar 29, 2022
I believe mine is a Mk. 1.5
the difference between Mk. 1 is 2TB SSD storage instead of HDD, quieter internal fan, different back plate to incldue different antena positions and USB 3 for backup/additional storage attach. More system memory too. I don’t know if any electronics have changed or been updated.
I had the Mk. 1 in my system for a good few weeks prior to getting mine straight from the factory direct. I listened for many hours too. The main difference is that mine is dead silent, zero vibration and does not run as hot as Mk. 1 Also, boot-up time from standby is much faster too.
it just produces wonderful music in my living room and the instruments sound soooo real :) I can listen for days on-end without any fatigue whatsoever:)
to be honest I’d love to hear some of the newer high-end Streamer/Dac combinations just to compare the sound signature to my system.

Hamburger

Nov 6, 2018
I believe mine is a Mk. 1.5
the difference between Mk. 1 is 2TB SSD storage instead of HDD, quieter internal fan, different back plate to incldue different antena positions and USB 3 for backup/additional storage attach. More system memory too. I don’t know if any electronics have changed or been updated.
I had the Mk. 1 in my system for a good few weeks prior to getting mine straight from the factory direct. I listened for many hours too. The main difference is that mine is dead silent, zero vibration and does not run as hot as Mk. 1 Also, boot-up time from standby is much faster too.
it just produces wonderful music in my living room and the instruments sound soooo real :) I can listen for days on-end without any fatigue whatsoever:)
to be honest I’d love to hear some of the newer high-end Streamer/Dac combinations just to compare the sound signature to my system.
Why is there a Mk1.5? :rolleyes:
https://www.burmester.de/en/Musiccenter/151-MK2

:):)

emergency

Jul 25, 2023
I find 2 version of 151 MC.

Attachments

• IMG_20230726_115847.jpg
    IMG_20230726_115847.jpg
    923.8 KB · Views: 7
  • showimage.jpeg
    showimage.jpeg
    212.3 KB · Views: 6

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing