Absolare Integrated

GuillaumeB

VIP/Donor
Mar 10, 2014
UK
www.boyeraudio.com
I am again (!) a very happy owner of a Absolare Integrated. Long story short; I decided to downsize my system and invest some money elsewhere. I have crawled back, the itch doesn`t go away :). The system is somewhat smaller/ less expensive than before, but I am very happy with it. I managed to get hold of a newly updated standard Passion in mint condition. After all, the Absolare is the best amp I have heard. I used to own the Signature version, I can live happy with the Passion (standard) as well.

Now I need to buy a pair of good tubes, I nhave a good idea of what to buy.

JP

Congrats!! Would you care to compare and contrast the Absolare Integrated to some of the other options you tried out?

Cheers,

Guillaume

jep123

VIP/Donor
Dec 23, 2012
Norway
Thanks.

No, not really. All I will say is that the Absolare is the best amp I have owned. No need for a " shootout" based on my personal experiences. I do hope you understand, thanks.

JP

pke10000

Jan 22, 2018
Oh my god!
My baby spreaded water to my passion inti.
My korean dealer sent it to factory.

I'm not sure if this is a disastor or a chance to upgrade to signature ^^

Staxxx

Jul 8, 2018
Back from a trip to the USA. Picked up a SR black quantum fuse (I missed the post on getting the Blue one!). Can someone please post details on how and where to change the fuse on the Absolare Integrated. I don't want to open up anything without being sure.
Thanks to this forum I am getting close to the superb sound I got from my Behold amplification in the past. I have switched the tubes around as per a FM's recommendation....bought the most wonderful Mullard tubes and used Total Contact (which I didn't intend to swear by but now think it's one of the greatest things for a system) on my interconnects and speaker terminals!
Next, I need to work on the upgrade of my speaker cables which good as they are do not produce the massive soundstage that I would like. I am using High Fidelity Cables CT-1 Ultimate Reference, which are about 5 years old, and debating upgrading to the new Helix version.

HHdutch

Mar 12, 2017
Next, I need to work on the upgrade of my speaker cables which good as they are do not produce the massive soundstage that I would like. I am using High Fidelity Cables CT-1 Ultimate Reference, which are about 5 years old, and debating upgrading to the new Helix version.
As you might know, the internal wiring of this amp is made of Echole cabling. I can assure you that using external Echole cabling in combination with this amp gives amazing results. I think for the price of an Helix version cable you can also buy an Omnia Echole speaker cable.

Staxxx

Jul 8, 2018
As you might know, the internal wiring of this amp is made of Echole cabling. I can assure you that using external Echole cabling in combination with this amp gives amazing results. I think for the price of an Helix version cable you can also buy an Omnia Echole speaker cable.

Haha.... this is exactly the route I decided to take a few days ago. I am so excited !!

BF38

Oct 31, 2017
All the same, new owner of Echole ORUIS, Analog and HP... Wow!

GuillaumeB

VIP/Donor
Mar 10, 2014
UK
www.boyeraudio.com
A quote from TAS 2019 High-End Audio Buyer's Guide, just published:

"This hybrid integrated combines a tube front end with a 150Wpc solid-state output stage. What makes the Integrated special is just how much it sounds like Absolare’s spectacular all-tube Passion preamplifier and Passion 845 SET power amplifier. Specifically, the Integrated’s midrange possesses, to a remarkable degree, the tonal lushness, rich textures, and visceral immediacy of its SET antecedent. Yet it does this while delivering the rock-solid bass and open treble extension of its transistor output."

Spot on, couldn't agree more! I've yet to hear an integrated that beats it and I am still searching.

Guillaume

Staxxx

Jul 8, 2018
I have been doing a little tube rolling and am particularly pleased with the Mullards (Matched Pair Mullard 12au7/ECC82 tube 1959) that I am using at the moment....
also shifted to a black fuse (not tried the blue as yet).
Am waiting for some other very highly touted tubes very shortly and will give you all an update with those.
Swear by Total Contact too. Have used them on the tube pins, interconnects and speaker terminals.

butler

Mar 26, 2013
I have been doing a little tube rolling and am particularly pleased with the Mullards (Matched Pair Mullard 12au7/ECC82 tube 1959) that I am using at the moment....
also shifted to a black fuse (not tried the blue as yet).
Am waiting for some other very highly touted tubes very shortly and will give you all an update with those.
Swear by Total Contact too. Have used them on the tube pins, interconnects and speaker terminals.

I want to order a blue fuse but am traveling and can’t remember the value......I think Kerem indicated 10amp / slo blow when I asked some time ago. Is that what you ordered? Thanks......

Staxxx

Jul 8, 2018
I use a 5A slow blow fuse. I meant to say in my previous post that I have the Blue fuse but not tried the SR Black as yet.

GuillaumeB

VIP/Donor
Mar 10, 2014
UK
www.boyeraudio.com
I use a 5A slow blow fuse. I meant to say in my previous post that I have the Blue fuse but not tried the SR Black as yet.

I use the 5A slow blow Blue. I had an SR Black previously. Nice upgrade.

Cheers,

Guillaume

pke10000

Jan 22, 2018
After I upgrade from passion to signature integrated, Absolare sent my dealer new tubes each Ten's 12bh7 and NEC's channel master.
They said those tubes are very special, and recommended use Ten's at input and NEC's at output.
When I asked what is input and what is output? to my dealer, they answered left is input and right is output.

As I know each tube has just two channels so totally 4-channels, so in/out structure is impossible at my balance input option.
Do they convert it to single end? not an full-balance design?

Anyway I applied it to my gear as their guide.
The sound quality has been amazingly better.
But the white noise became higher, typically right channel is more noisy and I could listen it at my seat which is 3~4m distance at night.

Is there anyone to know about this ?

adamaley

Apr 15, 2016
Minnetonka, MN
Keep the feedback coming on this amp. I've been contemplating upgrading and this and is definitely a contender. I want to know how, if in any way, the amp section sounds different from a SET amp. Many have mentioned the traits I attribute to a SET amp, which I currently use, when describing the sound of this integrated. However, I'd really like to get contrasting impressions from those who have used SET amps that do that 3D holography thing well in the past.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Oh my god!
My baby spreaded water to my passion inti.
My korean dealer sent it to factory.

I'm not sure if this is a disastor or a chance to upgrade to signature ^^

I would take this disaster or chance as an opportunity to get rid of the baby!

Reactions: pweg

jep123

VIP/Donor
Dec 23, 2012
Norway
Keep the feedback coming on this amp. I've been contemplating upgrading and this and is definitely a contender. I want to know how, if in any way, the amp section sounds different from a SET amp. Many have mentioned the traits I attribute to a SET amp, which I currently use, when describing the sound of this integrated. However, I'd really like to get contrasting impressions from those who have used SET amps that do that 3D holography thing well in the past.

I have owned the Passion and the Signature version of the Absolare integrated. And SET amps as well. The Absolare does not sound as a SET amp because it "lacks" the limitations of a SET at the freq. extremes. The Absolare is very dynamic and does not roll off at the end of the spectrums. And, it can drive most real world speakers. A SET cannot.

The Absolare Integrated is a stunning amplifier and a must hear. IMO!

adamaley

Apr 15, 2016
Minnetonka, MN
I have owned the Passion and the Signature version of the Absolare integrated. And SET amps as well. The Absolare does not sound as a SET amp because it "lacks" the limitations of a SET at the freq. extremes. The Absolare is very dynamic and does not roll off at the end of the spectrums. And, it can drive most real world speakers. A SET cannot.

Glad to hear that. My current SET amp doesn't round off frequency extremes, however I understand that most SET amps are complicit in that regard.

GuillaumeB

VIP/Donor
Mar 10, 2014
UK
www.boyeraudio.com

+1

I recently tested the CH I1 at home, and as much as I though it was great, in terms of pure SQ the CH couldn't compare. I really enjoyed the I1 but going back to the Absolare was a revelation.

Guillaume

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
(...) The Absolare does not sound as a SET amp because it "lacks" the limitations of a SET at the freq. extremes. The Absolare is very dynamic and does not roll off at the end of the spectrums. And, it can drive most real world speakers. A SET cannot. (...)

Most SET's have high output impedance - around 2 ~5 ohms. This only means that you must choose proper speakers, not that they have "limitations" at frequency extremes. Surely if your definition of "real world speaker" is a low effciency, current hungry speaker optimized for solid state amplifiers, SET cannot ...

BTW, just by curiosity, do you know what is the output impedance of the Absolare integrated? I could not find it in the specifications.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing