Acapella La Campanella MK2 speakers: opinions?

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Who has heard these speakers and what did you think of the smallest "horn" from Acapella. It seems like a very nice speaker and it is interesting that they take the horn down to 700Hz, so it covers the upper midrange and not just the highs above 1.5-2Khz. In a moderate sized room based on sensitivity it should play plenty loud with 20 or so watts and even though no specs are given, I suspect that 4 x 6.5 inch drivers will make reasonable, if not earth shattering, bass.

Would like to hear your thoughts on this speaker.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Hey Brad- not the La Campanella, but I've heard the Cellini several times at shows and tend to spend a good amount in their rooms as they play fun music at times. I think they sound quite good - toe-in has to be perfect for that tweeter to sound right but they sound very open and clear. Allegedly the horn construction is better than on the Avantgarde. I can't really give you clues on bass response as my demos were in hotel rooms. Now that Audio Federation is in California, perhaps I'll grab a real dealer demo at some point. They are quite costly however in the US vs Europe.

My concerns with the Acapella in general are:

1) plasma tweeter replacements are costly
2) inefficient for a horn (90dbs as I recall)
3) the same company pairs them with a $100k integrated

I think the speakers are absolutely gorgeous in person.

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Hey Brad- not the La Campanella, but I've heard the Cellini several times at shows and tend to spend a good amount in their rooms as they play fun music at times. I think they sound quite good - toe-in has to be perfect for that tweeter to sound right but they sound very open and clear. Allegedly the horn construction is better than on the Avantgarde. I can't really give you clues on bass response as my demos were in hotel rooms. Now that Audio Federation is in California, perhaps I'll grab a real dealer demo at some point. They are quite costly however in the US vs Europe.

My concerns with the Acapella in general are:

1) plasma tweeter replacements are costly
2) inefficient for a horn (90dbs as I recall)
3) the same company pairs them with a $100k integrated

I think the speakers are absolutely gorgeous in person.

Thanks, heard these as well in Switzerland as well as Violons and Triolons many years ago; however, I haven't heard the La Campanella or Basso Nobile, which are two-way designs, no ion tweeter and about 2-3 db more sensitivity than Cellini.

Triode Dave

May 17, 2018
It would be unseemly for me to express an opinion since I am an Acapella dealer, but I hope it’s in-bounds to point out that East Coasters, particularly in the mid-Atlantic region, will have an opportunity to hear the La Campanella 2 at Capital Audio Fest @ the Hilton Rockville MD in just under two weeks.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing