Analogphonic reissues

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
I saw Larry (@astrotoy) mentioned Analogphonic in Ron's 35mm Mercury LP thread.

I'd like to hear the experience of others with this label, particularly on classical music reissues.

They do pick titles I like. I purchased several and am rather disappointed. My experience is the quality of their vinyl is sketchy at best. For exampe, I tried 4 copies of the Bernstein Mahler 2nd (DG) on Analogphonic and each one had more ticks and pops (on all four sides) than I could tolerate. The sonics otherwise were fine. This was on brand new records. Cleaning them in my ultrasonic machine made scant difference. Have you had better luck?

I wrote the one e-mail address I could find for them. I heard back about 2 months later and the response was basically: "so sad, too bad." I'm thinking the records are made in S.Korea though I've lost the research on them that gave me that impression. Do you know anything about the company?

My fear is other potential reissuers will be dissuaded from tackling an album when they see another maker has covered it recently, regardless of how that turned out. Good clean Mahler symphonies on LP are not exactly falling out of trees. TIA.

daytona600

Sep 9, 2012
scotland
Mastered at Emil berliner & pressed at Pallas in germany
have several & excellent sound , packing & pressings & most are 100% AAA

Reactions: tima

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing