best balanced cable vor a 50 foot run?

bebop86

Apr 1, 2013
I currently am using the Blue jeans xlr cables to run my ATC powered 100;s to my Ayon CD-5-what is the recommended cable for this long a run- If i rearrange my system placement i can shorten the run to about 25 feet- Just want to be sure I am getting the best sound possible- how good or bad are the blue jeans interconnects- thanks

which blue jeans? if its canare L-4E6S, imo, you're going to have to spend a lot $$$ to better it.

For a balanced cable at 50', I wouldn't worry about it either. You may not get better performance with even mega$$ cables.

I AM running 50 foot balanced cables from my preamp to the active crossovers and power amps.
My preamp and sources are on the opposite end of the room from the speakers.

No problem. You won't have any trouble with it and don't need multi-thousand dollar cables.

Save yourself. Don't get ripped off.

Put you money where you can repeatedly tell the difference in a blind test.

thanks guys- Just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something- u guys are the best!!

thanks guys- Just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something- u guys are the best!!

So now that you've saved yourself a grand, what are you gonna do with it? ;):p

For a little more money than the BJC (mine are belden) I picked up a pr. of Silver Sonic BL-1 sereis II cables.
I use two 30' runs in my system. When run to the subs the improvments with the silver sonics was small. But when compared using them on the amps to the tops of my YG Kipods a pretty big step up. Think I pd. around $400 new for the 30' run. Cheap for a pr. that long, although still more than the BJC. Well worth the money to me.
The Silver sonic is also sold in bulk.

Last edited:
I currently am using the Blue jeans xlr cables to run my ATC powered 100;s to my Ayon CD-5-what is the recommended cable for this long a run- If i rearrange my system placement i can shorten the run to about 25 feet- Just want to be sure I am getting the best sound possible- how good or bad are the blue jeans interconnects- thanks

You own some expensive speakers and an also expensive CD player - we must assume you spent all this money because you want to listen to high quality sound reproduction. IMHO a good quality IC cable will increase a lot the quality of your fine system. As you need long cables my advice would be to consider a balanced Transparent Audio cable with network - although TA cables are expensive the extra price per meter is very acceptable, and even current entry level cables are very good value for money. I have listened to ATC 100's driven by a Krell KRC and an Audio Research REF2 preamplifier using Transparent Audio long cables (30 feet) sounding very fine.

My advice - borrow a short quality balanced cable, move your CD and compare the performance with your current run. No forum advice can replace your listening.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing