Burmester 011 info

alm

Nov 18, 2015
Madrid
Dear Burmester fans, I am considering to upgrade my Burmester system from a 051/052 combo to a 011/911mk3 one. I guess I have read all that was written and published in the web but I couldn't find a 011 owner manual.
To avoid bombing you with a hundred question a i'd like to have a copy of the user manual, read it and them ask what not understood o missing.
If any of you have a copy of the user manual I'd be interested and grateful of having a copy.
In the meantime just two questions.
What kind of settings can be done regarding the phono module? are the settings done opening the preamp or using the user interface?
In my 051 tone and gain adjustments can be done. I bet the in the 011 gain can be also adjusted for every different input but not sure that balance or tone setting are available.

Another question for the lucky ones that could compare the 011 with the ML 326s. Which are the mains differences between them? I know the 326s and I like it a lot.

Thanks for your help.

Rocco I.

Apr 26, 2012
Italy
Hello.

The Burmester combo 911 Mk3/011 is really outstanding that excels in musical fidelity.

If you can't find the manual of 011's you can send an email to the Burmester in Berlin and they surely will send to you.

alm

Nov 18, 2015
Madrid
Thanks Rocco, I will do it.

I was a about to change my system 051/052 replacing the amp with a couple of Pass XA.60.5 when I was offered a 911 mk3 and the all my plans changed. And I may add a 011 at a very reasonable price.
I like Pass but never heard the xa60.5. I can't be wrong whatever I choose but I guess that the 911 will make a better job with my 801 Matrix S3.
Any thoughts about it??

Rocco I.

Apr 26, 2012
Italy
Hi Alm,

In the years I listen almost all kind of amps/brands and at my ears the Burmester 911 Mk3 is one of best amps (no matter tube or solid state) ever made at any price level :)

I really love its sounding.

The 911's will drive your 801 Matrix S3 with easy and excellent sound quality.

p.s.: To achieve the amazing sound qualities of 911's i suggest you to use the 011's as preamp and to connect them with balanced connections as reccomended by the German Brand.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Hi Alm,

In the years I listen almost all kind of amps/brands and at my ears the Burmester 911 Mk3 is one of best amps (no matter tube or solid state) ever made at any price level :)

I really love its sounding.

The 911's will drive your 801 Matrix S3 with easy and excellent sound quality.

p.s.: To achieve the amazing sound qualities of 911's i suggest you to use the 011's as preamp and to connect them with balanced connections as reccomended by the German Brand.

Same here (hear?) :)

Rocco I.

Apr 26, 2012
Italy
Yes Franz...Same ear :)

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing