Center Stage 2

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California
My reply was that if the footers he is using were previously used, perhaps his component is similar in weight. That could explain why he did not experience the break in. I have found that if I move mine to different equipment it takes time for them to resettle.
Let me know if I need to explain it further.
ozzy
They were new from Joe.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Hi Ozzzy. I read your review and comments. What people fail to understand tis that this Footer is based on Second Law of Thermodynamics and materials physics and essentially is dumping the entropy and finding a new point of equilibrium. It has nothing to do With the weight of the unit

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
Wow, thanks for that info. Not sure I understand exactly though.

So, would a 1.5 " footer instead of a 1" version be better placed under a more sensitive piece of equipment such as a Dac or would the 1.5 be better placed under a heavier piece of equipment?

ozzy

joelavrencikCMS

Industry Expert
Jul 30, 2021
Wow, thanks for that info. Not sure I understand exactly though.

So, would a 1.5 " footer instead of a 1" version be better placed under a more sensitive piece of equipment such as a Dac or would the 1.5 be better placed under a heavier piece of equipment?

ozzy
The weight of the component honestly isn't an issue. I think you should place them where they will make the most difference in your system. We usually read that owners first place them under amps or as close as possible to the start of the signal, and then add on from there. I recommend the latter, but the choice is yours, of course.

Gjo

Aug 22, 2021
Some info that may be of value to potential CS2M customers. The Music Room has become a dealer for these footers. TMR has a 60 Day return policy, so there's a generous audition period to determine if CS2M footers are effective in one's system.

Last edited:

pevan

Aug 9, 2022
Hello, I will need to change the configuration in my rack. The filter, unfortunatelly, will end up directly on the floor. Not in the rack any more. My floor is wooden, suspended. I do not like to place the folter directly on the floor, even the filter is extremly heavy already. I am thinking abput 4 pieces CMS2. Is that good idea?
Thank you

pevan

Aug 9, 2022
Right. I saw somewhere only 3. I was thinking about 4 anyway. My question is placing footers directly on the floor (suspended wooden). Is it good idea, or I do need to have stable surface for CMS footers? Thank you all for your advice.

joelavrencikCMS

Industry Expert
Jul 30, 2021
Hello, I will need to change the configuration in my rack. The filter, unfortunatelly, will end up directly on the floor. Not in the rack any more. My floor is wooden, suspended. I do not like to place the folter directly on the floor, even the filter is extremly heavy already. I am thinking abput 4 pieces CMS2. Is that good idea?
Thank you
Hi pevan

CS2M feet are designed to work best directly touching the bottom of a component. You'd get more performance out of them if they were implemented in the manner in which they were intended. Having said this, yes you could.

I hope this helps

Joe

pevan

Aug 9, 2022
Hi pevan

CS2M feet are designed to work best directly touching the bottom of a component. You'd get more performance out of them if they were implemented in the manner in which they were intended. Having said this, yes you could.

I hope this helps

Joe
Thank Joel

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing