CH Precision house sound

Aug 31, 2014
France
I'm opening this thread to discuss about the CH Precision house sound.
Many members of this forum own CH Precision gear therefore it would nice if they could share their experience to help other audiophiles make their choice.
Cheers

JackD201

[WBF Founding Member]
Apr 21, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Sweet, clear with the ability to respond just as sweetly and clearly on big swings.

Strangely enough, aside from most of us being long time tube guys, I think a lot of the CH users here have metal tweeters. Maybe that's why we also like tubes. There are many smooth SS amps that work well with metal domes but do so because they are, as I said smooth. CH belongs to that small group that resolves through high speed instead of smoothing or masking. CH, Darts, FMA, Later model Spectrals, 7 series Soulution, new series Constellation and while I haven't personally heard these, I've been told by reliable people,the new Nagras. Hmmmm. 4 of those are Swiss. Go figure.

Then again, I would still try first. We may mostly have metal tweets but these are also mostly new gen titanium, beryllium, composite or vapor deposited tweets where break up modes are higher up than only 10 or so years ago.

Elliot G.

[Industry Expert]
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
I am now a CH dealer and I want to say that before I say anything else.
I was a tube believer and had owned just about everything ARC has produced from a D-76/SP3 to a REF 10 /750SE./
When I decided to import and distribute Gobel speakers I spent a lot of time thinking and auditioning about what electronics would I use.
My only experience with CH was my visit to Munich to listen to the Gobel speakers at the factory.
I tied a bunch of contemporary power amps of both SS and Tube variety. I really did not want to use a tube unless I had to because of reliabilty issues when you are traveling and doing shows but I was willing to if I had too.
Long story short the best overall sound that I heard was the M-1 amplifier. It has all the great attributes one expects with a high powered amp plus the sound in the midrange and highs I was used to and wanted. I want to say again it was the best I have heard. I don't make statements that it is the BEST in the World like some others since I have not even come close to hearing everything. It is a amazing amp, incredibly built, not obsoleted every six months and works flawlessly. I love some of the tuning features like the ability to adjust feedback and gain from my chair with their simple to use app. CH won me over to the extent that I became a dealer and I am proud of the fact that I have. All of my clients that have purchased their products ALL of them owned high end tube gear previously. I suggest you listen and do your homework however I highly endorse these items they check all my boxes.