CH Precision house sound

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
I'm opening this thread to discuss about the CH Precision house sound.
Many members of this forum own CH Precision gear therefore it would nice if they could share their experience to help other audiophiles make their choice.
Cheers

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Sweet, clear with the ability to respond just as sweetly and clearly on big swings.

Strangely enough, aside from most of us being long time tube guys, I think a lot of the CH users here have metal tweeters. Maybe that's why we also like tubes. There are many smooth SS amps that work well with metal domes but do so because they are, as I said smooth. CH belongs to that small group that resolves through high speed instead of smoothing or masking. CH, Darts, FMA, Later model Spectrals, 7 series Soulution, new series Constellation and while I haven't personally heard these, I've been told by reliable people,the new Nagras. Hmmmm. 4 of those are Swiss. Go figure.

Then again, I would still try first. We may mostly have metal tweets but these are also mostly new gen titanium, beryllium, composite or vapor deposited tweets where break up modes are higher up than only 10 or so years ago.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I am now a CH dealer and I want to say that before I say anything else.
I was a tube believer and had owned just about everything ARC has produced from a D-76/SP3 to a REF 10 /750SE./
When I decided to import and distribute Gobel speakers I spent a lot of time thinking and auditioning about what electronics would I use.
My only experience with CH was my visit to Munich to listen to the Gobel speakers at the factory.
I tied a bunch of contemporary power amps of both SS and Tube variety. I really did not want to use a tube unless I had to because of reliabilty issues when you are traveling and doing shows but I was willing to if I had too.
Long story short the best overall sound that I heard was the M-1 amplifier. It has all the great attributes one expects with a high powered amp plus the sound in the midrange and highs I was used to and wanted. I want to say again it was the best I have heard. I don't make statements that it is the BEST in the World like some others since I have not even come close to hearing everything. It is a amazing amp, incredibly built, not obsoleted every six months and works flawlessly. I love some of the tuning features like the ability to adjust feedback and gain from my chair with their simple to use app. CH won me over to the extent that I became a dealer and I am proud of the fact that I have. All of my clients that have purchased their products ALL of them owned high end tube gear previously. I suggest you listen and do your homework however I highly endorse these items they check all my boxes.

Reactions: MJB

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Hi guys, just got back from Nantes i was there with my wife to visit CH distributor and audition a full CH rig in a nice dedicated listening room.
We mainly went to listen to L1+C1+X1+M1stereo, we did some streaming from a Melco and also used their Oracle cd transport.
Speakers used were the Apertura Enigma mk2, not really to my taste or at least with CH gear.
As usual CH sounds so smooth and liquid even with speakers like the Aperturas that i have found a little bit on the bright side.
This audition took place at Apertura's facility.
Cheers.

IMG_8363.JPG IMG_8362.JPG

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I don't want to be boring.
I listen in last 25 years with top triode tube like Yamamura,ANJ,Audio Tekne,Kondo,Shindo,Fal,MActone,Dissanayake,all top of the line model
and i love also now triode sound,so for me transistor was no good for all my trials,
but when i listen CH in shop and then in my home,it was the biggest shock in hifi in my life.

Sound sweet and natural like triode but less dirty,more clean,with deep bass,high more clean and open,with power and dynamic unlimited
After 3 years i own i like them more than first day

My friend had Viva top Pre and mono New Aurora and changed with CH,L1,P1,A1 mono
Every time we meet he always thanks me

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
you need to get the M1 updated to 1.1 its truly an incredible update

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Yes i know
In 2019 i would like to do this and buy a second X1,now i have L1 and P1 with one X1 with 2 board

Reactions: Elliot G.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
What speaker is that, Gian?

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
While i was waiting Montagna speaker i had this
Electrovoice Sentry III,96 db, with Yamamura super tweeter

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
you need to get the M1 updated to 1.1 its truly an incredible update

I saw the red caps, the CH distributor received 3 upgrade kits for 2 of his customers they are huge!
It's a shame that he didn't yet upgrade his own M1 that you see on the pics above therefore i was not able to listen to an M1.1 yet.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
I don't want to be boring.
I listen in last 25 years with top triode tube like Yamamura,ANJ,Audio Tekne,Kondo,Shindo,Fal,MActone,Dissanayake,all top of the line model
and i love also now triode sound,so for me transistor was no good for all my trials,
but when i listen CH in shop and then in my home,it was the biggest shock in hifi in my life.

Sound sweet and natural like triode but less dirty,more clean,with deep bass,high more clean and open,with power and dynamic unlimited
After 3 years i own i like them more than first day

My friend had Viva top Pre and mono New Aurora and changed with CH,L1,P1,A1 mono
Every time we meet he always thanks me

Gianluigo would you be able to do a shootout between M1stereo VS M1 monos and report back after you have done the upgrade ?
I hear that aleardy one single M1 can drive most speakers to their max performance.
Thanks.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I haven’t the board for stereo so I cannot compare M1 mono and stereo but I compared when I had A1 mono and A1 stereo
In mono there is more body and sound is little more natural and relaxed
A1 stereo also sounded very well with Alexandria of my friend
We arrived to see in display 480 peak watt and was the limit of the speaker but not of the amp

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Gianluigi thanks how about M1.1 vs A1.5 monos ?
Do you think A1.5 monos would be better ?
I cannot find the specs of the A1.5s in mono configuration.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Gianluigi thanks how about M1.1 vs A1.5 monos ?
Do you think A1.5 monos would be better ?
I cannot find the specs of the A1.5s in mono configuration.

Perhaps Elliot can answer this question.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
From what I was told the A1.5 will sound like the M1 however the new M1 or the M1.1 as it is now called is the best sounding of the amplifiers.
I have not had the opportunity to hear what you are asking about but I have heard the M1 before and after and let me tell you the difference is NOT subtle or small its amazing. Unless there is some reason that you require the mono blocks I would tell you to buy the new M1.1

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
From what I was told the A1.5 will sound like the M1 however the new M1 or the M1.1 as it is now called is the best sounding of the amplifiers.
I have not had the opportunity to hear what you are asking about but I have heard the M1 before and after and let me tell you the difference is NOT subtle or small its amazing. Unless there is some reason that you require the mono blocks I would tell you to buy the new M1.1

Ok thanks Elliot:)

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I had this conversation with Raphael and asked the same question. By the way the new M1.1 is just amazing you will not be disappointed. If you were close to me I would say come and listen its just ridiculously good.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Yes i know
In 2019 i would like to do this and buy a second X1,now i have L1 and P1 with one X1 with 2 board
Dear Gian,

M1 is the best then there is M1.1 which is better than the best. Seem like the best we heard in our room keeps getting thrown out of window...and you have heard hell of a lot more than most people. You and I both know if you dont put 1 next to 1.1 and listen comparatively, you would just be happy as is with the M1. If I listened to your system now and liked it a lot, next time I visit you and listen again the M1.1 is not going to impress me more than an addition of a good espresso with a nice Tiramisu while listening.

Tang :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing