Ch precision...p1

byrdparis

Nov 24, 2015
Israel
I’m sorry if this question has been asked before: is there any downside, except for increased electricity bill, to have P1 and L1 permanently switched on?
Also, can I use both XLR and RCA outputs at the same time and connect them to L1?

Thanks in advance.
i have a full CH PRECISION system (all of it in my signature) i am always switched ON 24\7 356 days!
never turned it off. my system is always warm and ready.
the only time that i turned them off is for tiding up the system if somethiing new is coming or if i am out for a few days....

also you can connect both way, no problem.

BR
aviad.

abeidrov

VIP Donor
Dec 17, 2015
Moscow
i have a full CH PRECISION system (all of it in my signature) i am always switched ON 24\7 356 days!
never turned it off. my system is always warm and ready.
the only time that i turned them off is for tiding up the system if somethiing new is coming or if i am out for a few days....

also you can connect both way, no problem.

BR
aviad.
Thank you, byrdparis. The only possible issue with keeping them on 24/7 is display burn-in, but I figured, that if I keep the displays on 10% dimmed setting, that is very unlikely to happen.

As for simultaneously connecting both XLR and RCA out, I am not so sure. The P1 manual states: “We recommend that the output stage doesn't get loaded with an impedance lower than 10 kOhms (the input impedance of the unit connected to the P1 should be greater than 10 kOhms). “ Does the loading change when you connect both outputs at the same time, and can it somehow affect the sound?

iaxel

Oct 25, 2016
Thank you, byrdparis. The only possible issue with keeping them on 24/7 is display burn-in, but I figured, that if I keep the displays on 10% dimmed setting, that is very unlikely to happen.
You can have the display off, as well as the CH LED.

byrdparis

Nov 24, 2015
Israel

As for simultaneously connecting both XLR and RCA out, I am not so sure. The P1 manual states: “We recommend that the output stage doesn't get loaded with an impedance lower than 10 kOhms (the input impedance of the unit connected to the P1 should be greater than 10 kOhms). “ Does the loading change when you connect both outputs at the same time, and can it somehow affect the sound?
you can dim or close the display all together and still keep them ON,

for connection, you asked if it will work and it does, how it will sound, i dont know, but i thought yyou uwanted to do AB test and figuure what best for you,. try and decide.
there is no reason to have them both connected unless you have two amps system...

abeidrov

VIP Donor
Dec 17, 2015
Moscow
I use Gryphon VIP XLR and Kubala-Sosna Elation RCA and can’t decide which one is better, I keep switching between the two cables and it drives me crazy:))

byrdparis

Nov 24, 2015
Israel
I use Gryphon VIP XLR and Kubala-Sosna Elation RCA and can’t decide which one is better, I keep switching between the two cables and it drives me crazy:))
I have a solution for you ;)
Sale them both and buy VYDA xlr cable.
done and dusted! Forever.
You would not believe what it will do for your P1. You will thank me later ;).
A

Reactions: abeidrov

Bonesy Jonesy

Jan 3, 2017
UK & Spain
You can have the display off, as well as the CH LED.
Word on the street.... that the P1 sounds better with the display off....going to try it (with the X1 that already has the display off permanently) this weekend to see if I can hear any difference to the sound with my headphone system.

byrdparis

Nov 24, 2015
Israel
Word on the street.... that the P1 sounds better with the display off....going to try it (with the X1 that already has the display off permanently) this weekend to see if I can hear any difference to the sound with my headphone system.
i tried that some, many years ago, didn't notice for such a difference, i like to see the displays, even if they a little dimmed.

Reactions: Bonesy Jonesy

mtemur

Mar 26, 2019
I have a solution for you ;)
Sale them both and buy VYDA xlr cable.
done and dusted! Forever.
Looks like a good plan but it’s almost impossible to sell cables unless you’re pricing dirt cheap. I’m sure many audiophiles have a bunch of cables waiting to be sold, especially power cords. Another bunch waiting to be sold is tweaks.

Reactions: byrdparis

Bonesy Jonesy

Jan 3, 2017
UK & Spain
i tried that some, many years ago, didn't notice for such a difference, i like to see the displays, even if they a little dimmed.
Agree with you 'byrdparis' i.e. listening with my headphone system, to my ears, I couldn't hear any difference with the P1 LED display on or off with playing different genres of music with different quality of LP pressings etc. for a good hour or so !

However, going forward, I have decided to now keep the P1 LED display off at all times (along with my X1) as I am now operating the P1 through the CH Precision App via my Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 Pad / Tablet so I don't need to see the P1 on-board LED display.
This CH App is great as I have also been experimenting with RIAA curves, subsonic filter, gain values etc. on-the-fly that has allowed me to dial-in the ideal sound for my ears.

Bonesy Jonesy

Jan 3, 2017
UK & Spain
Has anybody upgraded to two P1's and two X1's from one P1 and one X1 ?
If so, was it a big difference in the sound and if so what had changed ?

p.s. Have read numerous online reviews from professional Reviewers over the last year or so, but I want to hear from people who are not professional Reviewers and have taken the plunge to purchase two P1s and two X1's themselves and to hear their own personal experiences !

p.p.s have also read how great the P10 is over two P1s and two X1s from online professional reviews but I am not in the market for a new or used P10 at the moment (maybe in 5+ years from now !)

mtemur

Mar 26, 2019
Dear @Bonesy Jonesy I heard two P1s and two L1s supported by X1s in different setups. Yes there is an improvement over single P1 but IMHO it’s not huge. Or maybe it’s because CH is not my thing.

Reactions: Bonesy Jonesy

Bonesy Jonesy

Jan 3, 2017
UK & Spain
Dear @Bonesy Jonesy I heard two P1s and two L1s supported by X1s in different setups. Yes there is an improvement over single P1 but IMHO it’s not huge. Or maybe it’s because CH is not my thing.
Thank you for the feedback on your experience 'mtemur'. Much appreciated.

Reactions: mtemur

metei

Aug 25, 2022
Turkey
I recently acquired a CH P1 to replace accuphase C-47.

I am wondering whether adding a X1 or P1 next makes a bigger improvement?
Hi there. From Your signature it seems like You still have the P1. I am also considering the same move (from C-47 to P-1). Would You care to compare the two?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing