DAC architecture reimagined - the Cascade DAC

As a long-time MSB fan, and yes, dealer (I was a customer first, dealer later), I'm glad to be working with Daniel and Jonathan @ MSB to provide a reasonable, effective way to upgrade existing owners to Cascade, and as a "side effect", potentially offer Certified Reference and Select DACs at a much lower price point to the market.
The question many of us Reference and Select owners have/had isn't about the effective way to upgrade. It is solely on the trade in value. Upgrading along MSB lineup was a major factor for some. I know for me it was the deciding factor of going with MSB. Upgrading and retaining 100% purchase price/value towards a higher model allowed me to move up the line.

With the new policy the move to the Cadence DAC from my Reference would net me basically the same trade in value as my previous Premier. Clearly from a money standpoint you can see loosing ~ $25,000 stings. Also given I upgraded 4 months ago and yes upgrading again was in the plans.

Finally having MSB come out with a product they feel is better for less money is awesome. Kudos to them for this.

Very clever ;) I guess I should disclose the volume knob is still round, sorry to disappoint.

Thread for the feet is M10, but I can’t recall the pitch currently. We will have that info posted to the technical specifications page later.
Thanks Daniel.
Some of us may want to "increase" the performance of your Cascade DAC by changing the original Viton footers to "better" third-party footers, thus need to know the thread size ;)
Another clarification of the technical specifications already posted for the Cascade is the power consumption:

Screenshot_20240519_071213_Chrome.jpg
Is the Standby power consumption = 0.48W or 48W?

Thank you.

Thanks Daniel.
Some of us may want to "increase" the performance of your Cascade DAC by changing the original Viton footers to "better" third-party footers, thus need to know the thread size ;)
Another clarification of the technical specifications already posted for the Cascade is the power consumption:

View attachment 131399

Thank you.
Looks pretty clear to me; 0.48W

Reactions: Easy Gliders
Thanks Daniel.

View attachment 131399

Thank you.
0.48W or 480mW, Just enough for the voltage selection circuity and front display.

The thread is M10x1.5

We may make an adapter insert that levels out the foot pocket and reduces the thread size to M6 depending on demand. I see stillpoint supports the M10x1.5, but did you have other footers in mind?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing