Full Limited Edition Aries Cerat System Build and World Exclusive LEGEND Series!

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Here it is folks. Last sneak preview of the new Legend Achilleas Amplifiers from Aries Cerat before they are completed and shipped to Austin in Billys newly redesigned room.

Enjoy

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
No news?
As a future member of the Aries Cerat client group (destitute section :)) I really look forward to seeing the finished room and the complete system in it.

Billygxx

Nov 23, 2015
Hi all
I am sorry I have been gone a while. Unfortunately, work and family issues sucked me into the vortex of earthly crises-including a 3 week stay at the Auburn Veterinary hospital in Alabama with our dog. I think Joshua fell into the same abyss so the thread went quiet. A unicorn in Austin means a person who was actually born here and did not migrate from other places. Austin has been so delused by outsiders that we went from quaint colonial to jam packed urban in a short span but back to the thread...Since all the gear has been manufactured and acquired, the only Unicornesque aspect of the build is the construction of the room itself.
Most of the delay was initially a result of acoustic consultation(Sound Sense)that resulted in a plan to replace the ceiling with a material called Star Silent. This material would absorb high and mid frequencies and allow the attic to act as as a big bass trap. Once the computer spit out the appropriate echo readings considerable work went into planning the installation. This included lifting the foundation of the house, removing the ceiling and all the insulation sitting on top of it. Since the house is a ranch from the fifties it was quite a process removing it in an environmentally appropriate fashion. Then new insulation had to be reapplied to the roof with a radiant barrier. My reef began suffering as a result of the construction so we had to find a way to better isolate it. Raising the foundation broke the seal to the glass walls allowing water into the area where the gear is stored during a month of record monsoon rainfall here. We had to reseal the entire outside barrier. In preparation for the new all wood floor(thank David K for this one)we had to remove all the existing flooring which involved two generations of flooring and a ton of rubber from previous underfloor heating. We had to install a more robust electrical supply to the pole as we did not have sufficient juice for the new system and lighting. Since we were removing the ceiling, We took the opportunity to replace the existing lighting with something gentler on the eyes. We also thought that since the ceiling was down we should replace the current network cable with a fiber optic one to better isolate noise from the new NAS. Yes there will be linear power supplies to NAS, router, and all the fiber optic to copper converters along with Telegartner network switches. At this point in time all the above construction is complete and application of the Star Silent ceiling began last week. It’s a tedious process and the installers expect two more weeks to complete. Then we can lay the wood floor. Plywood has already been placed. Curtains have been ordered for the expanse of glass in the front and the rear of the room. They will be backed with acoustic absorbent materials and can be opened and closed to tune the room. Shoji screens were made to block off a sound “anomaly” coming from the kitchen along with tall barstools for the same purpose. Pending is still a light fixture in the kitchen to further diffuse the anomaly and diffusion screens besides the record case to smooth out further audio nasties. The AS-2000 turntable is en route and David is constructing two additional stands to house the audio gear. I hope to seem him and Stavros in January for the initial calibration and system launch. As they say in medicine when you hear hoof beats, look for horses not unicorns. Will try to get some construction pics out this week. Photos are of new Achilles not Legend amps and our dog with feeding tube. Thanks for your patience.

Attachments

• 0618A0DB-4D75-44B4-AE20-41C7AA04A5C3.jpeg
    0618A0DB-4D75-44B4-AE20-41C7AA04A5C3.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 118
  • 02F96F83-585B-4231-829F-AB11EB7C038D.jpeg
    02F96F83-585B-4231-829F-AB11EB7C038D.jpeg
    282.2 KB · Views: 123
  • 97DDA4BE-F6C1-4874-90A0-0744226C0E13.jpeg
    97DDA4BE-F6C1-4874-90A0-0744226C0E13.jpeg
    282.2 KB · Views: 148
  • 681E312C-4EB6-462B-8324-CEB99F65312C.jpeg
    681E312C-4EB6-462B-8324-CEB99F65312C.jpeg
    218.5 KB · Views: 166

Billygxx

Nov 23, 2015
Oh, and the giant speakers in the pic represent Aires-Cerat assault on the state of the art. I have the Symphonias which I love but am thinking of mortgaging some properties to acquire them. I have truly gone over the edge. We all grieve in different ways.

Reactions: Audiophile Bill

Rob181

Oct 1, 2014
Outstanding - now this is a setup I would love to hear - looking forward to the photos once all is completed.

The Unicorn is dead - long live the Unicorn - well done Billy.

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Wow!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Fantastic setup! Look forward to reading more about it if you get a chance to post further. Enjoy!

Legolas

VIP/Donor
Dec 27, 2015
France
Oh, and the giant speakers in the pic represent Aires-Cerat assault on the state of the art. I have the Symphonias which I love but am thinking of mortgaging some properties to acquire them. I have truly gone over the edge. We all grieve in different ways.
I am sorry to hear about your dog, we have 2 border collies and love them like our our kids.

AC System
You are on the case I see. Room acoustics are a bit of a nightmare, and affect things a lot, especially if you play loud. Yes Aries Cerat, like great wine, you can't stop once you start LOL. I never thought I would be a distributor for example, but TBH it fits my enthusiasm for Stavros's products.

Those horns are the ones at the test room in Cyprus. I have no idea how UPS could ship something that big, but we ship cars around, so must be possible? Totally understand your passion Billy for music, it is a big thing in my life as well.

Reactions: Drevniy and Narayan

Narayan

Oct 6, 2015
Billy thank you so much for the update, dogs are family and I hope the little one is getting better. Did you move up from Symphonias to Contendo Reference? I missed that part, please give us your opinion on how they sound compared to the Symphonias when you are able to.TIA.

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Just shipped is the Flagship Bespoke FCL arm from Primary Control being added as one of the 4 new arms in the system finished in Satin housing with Curly Birch

FCL birch top with bearingprotector_.jpg

FCL 12 birch View 45.jpg

FCL PS 2019.jpg

Reactions: lordcloud and flyer

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Field Coil Loaded

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Those speakers look awesome serious

Hi all
I am sorry I have been gone a while. Unfortunately, work and family issues sucked me into the vortex of earthly crises-including a 3 week stay at the Auburn Veterinary hospital in Alabama with our dog. I think Joshua fell into the same abyss so the thread went quiet. A unicorn in Austin means a person who was actually born here and did not migrate from other places. Austin has been so delused by outsiders that we went from quaint colonial to jam packed urban in a short span but back to the thread...Since all the gear has been manufactured and acquired, the only Unicornesque aspect of the build is the construction of the room itself.
Most of the delay was initially a result of acoustic consultation(Sound Sense)that resulted in a plan to replace the ceiling with a material called Star Silent. This material would absorb high and mid frequencies and allow the attic to act as as a big bass trap. Once the computer spit out the appropriate echo readings considerable work went into planning the installation. This included lifting the foundation of the house, removing the ceiling and all the insulation sitting on top of it. Since the house is a ranch from the fifties it was quite a process removing it in an environmentally appropriate fashion. Then new insulation had to be reapplied to the roof with a radiant barrier. My reef began suffering as a result of the construction so we had to find a way to better isolate it. Raising the foundation broke the seal to the glass walls allowing water into the area where the gear is stored during a month of record monsoon rainfall here. We had to reseal the entire outside barrier. In preparation for the new all wood floor(thank David K for this one)we had to remove all the existing flooring which involved two generations of flooring and a ton of rubber from previous underfloor heating. We had to install a more robust electrical supply to the pole as we did not have sufficient juice for the new system and lighting. Since we were removing the ceiling, We took the opportunity to replace the existing lighting with something gentler on the eyes. We also thought that since the ceiling was down we should replace the current network cable with a fiber optic one to better isolate noise from the new NAS. Yes there will be linear power supplies to NAS, router, and all the fiber optic to copper converters along with Telegartner network switches. At this point in time all the above construction is complete and application of the Star Silent ceiling began last week. It’s a tedious process and the installers expect two more weeks to complete. Then we can lay the wood floor. Plywood has already been placed. Curtains have been ordered for the expanse of glass in the front and the rear of the room. They will be backed with acoustic absorbent materials and can be opened and closed to tune the room. Shoji screens were made to block off a sound “anomaly” coming from the kitchen along with tall barstools for the same purpose. Pending is still a light fixture in the kitchen to further diffuse the anomaly and diffusion screens besides the record case to smooth out further audio nasties. The AS-2000 turntable is en route and David is constructing two additional stands to house the audio gear. I hope to seem him and Stavros in January for the initial calibration and system launch. As they say in medicine when you hear hoof beats, look for horses not unicorns. Will try to get some construction pics out this week. Photos are of new Achilles not Legend amps and our dog with feeding tube. Thanks for your patience.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Hello Billy and Aries dealers,

Any more info on the cool new horns. Drivers, crossover points etc.

Cheers

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing