Happy Day! A Review.

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
I didn't post this last week because my friends who know how big a cable skeptic I was, would have been convinced that this is an April Fool's Day joke. But it isn't.

My friend Steve McCormack, is good friends with recording engineer, jazz critic, and Positive Feedback Online reviewer Jim Merod. One day, Jim visited Steve, and thought he heard Steve's system sounding better than ever. Steve, who was instrumental in convincing me that I had to offer to others the cables I designed for myself, had a set of my prototype cables installed. One thing led to another, and I sent Jim a full "loom" of cables for his master playback system. That was about a year ago.

Jim also previewed the latest version of my mini-monitors - the Genesis 7.2 petites - before I even sent out the announcement. The reason I have not officially announced it is that one part on the crossover is made in Japan, and the lead time on that part has gone from 3 weeks to 12 months..... Jim, who confesses that he hates most speakers, thought that "no speaker I've encountered is as delicate and exquisitely dense with sound and pace and musical feeling".

Here's the review. Enjoy!
http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue54/genesis.htm

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
More great than the nice review of the cables, is the great kudos he gives to you Gary as an expert in this field! Well deserved and congrats.

Are the smaller speakers the ones we listened to at your place? If so, they were great sounding.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Nice to read Jim Merod review of your cables - his nice text was much more than just a review. May be some time in the future I will have to listen to them. But I have to be very prudent every time I try new cables - I use 6 meter long XLR interconnects.
Congrats!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing