Hard Point Trinia footers---very impressed

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Do the Trinia footers have a minimum and importantly a maximum recommended load bearing ?

30 kg per piece/120 kg set of 4 if I am reading this pdf correctly = 66 pounds x 4 = 264 pound weight limit for a set of 4.

as far as minimum; maybe you would use 3 with really light gear. but holding the Trinia in your hand or bumping it at rest it is very bouncy and floats with the slightest touch, so I would expect it to function with almost any minimum weight if the object had a large enough flat bottom for room for 4 Trinia's. the ball surface interface does not 'dig in' to the bottom of your gear, so that interface is not an issue. i'm just guessing here on the minimum weight question based on my observations. I would likely 'mass load' anything really lightweight like I do now when I use the A10 U8's to get more purchase, and really lightweight gear typically has casework that 'rings' along with the music. so it's not all about de-coupling.

load.jpg

Last edited:

jazzmaster5

Nov 13, 2017
The Serenes do look better than the Trinia . Have you compared the two ? Or settled on all Trinia . Thanks for sharing . Any link to a web site ?
http://www.hifistay.com/
http://cafe.naver.com/hifistay

Distributor

Italy
Audiogears www.audiogears.it
USA
update soon
Germany
update soon
Hongkong
Brimar Labs www.brimar.net
Japan
update soon
Malaysia
update soon
Singapore
update soon
Swiss
update soon

Contact info
DOM : +82-31-529-3846
INT : +82-10-2240-2863
hifistay@gmail.com

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
The Serenes do look better than the Trinia . Have you compared the two ? Or settled on all Trinia . Thanks for sharing . Any link to a web site ?

no; I have not yet A/B'd the Serene and Trinia. so good question on preference. i'm taking Esotar's word that the Trinia has slightly higher performance.

website

http://www.hifistay.com/?ckattempt=3

brochure--this is an older brochure showing the Serene and not the Trinia which is brand new. and these seem to come in different colors. but I don't have specifics on that. I have a recent brochure with the Trinia and can email it on request.

http://www.hifistay.com/?p=998

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
Thank you for that Mike, so presumably Transducers should also benefit from the same topology.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Thank you for that Mike, so presumably Transducers should also benefit from the same topology.

looking at the brochure they have different products for different applications; not sure the Trinia would be a proper speaker de-coupler or not. maybe. but other products they have might be.

i'd expect any of these products to be serious performers. but I have no experience to share about it.

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
I shall investigate further Mike, I have been musing upon footers for my ML CLX's

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Mike, these are pricier that the PP footers from Steve W.
I get it that you don’t want to compare.
I’m just curious why you didn’t go for the PPs as a first option.
And of course there are Symposium RollerBlocks that are cheaper still and have been around and established as very effective for over a decade now.
Indeed I’m about to buy a set to go under my balanced transformer on the Stacore Basic Plus platform.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Mike, these are pricier that the PP footers from Steve W.
I get it that you don’t want to compare.
I’m just curious why you didn’t go for the PPs as a first option.

it's not that I didn't try. but I was not high enough on the priority list to get the PP prior to auditioning the Trinia/Serene.

and since I liked it and it checked my boxes; I'm good. simple as that.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Sure Mike, no beef from me.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
And of course there are Symposium RollerBlocks that are cheaper still and have been around and established as very effective for over a decade now.
Indeed I’m about to buy a set to go under my balanced transformer on the Stacore Basic Plus platform.

in general, roller blocks in and of themselves do change the tonality of the sound. but product to product there are different ways of executing the rolling ball (or multiple balls, or even multiple layers or stacks of rolling balls) concept with different results. so somehow equating a Symposium Product to the Trinia is just a shot in the dark. and we don't really know whether there is a ball and cup involved in the PP in some way either (and I'm not claiming I know or even have a feeling for that).

in the end passive footers have to be judged by the musical equation in the specific context, not by a general view on the approach. we can look at a product and like it's looks, or think it's expensive to build compared to another.....but that is different than the performance issue.

the Stacore includes roller block components, but we don't view it as a roller block product.

Last edited:

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Hi Mike,

Easily the best footers Ive come across. Im using a set on and off beneath the panzerholz shelf which my Bespoke preamp sits on. They measure really well on H1 and H2!

by H1 and H2 I assume you are referring to this instrument.

http://www.herzan.com/products/site-survey-tools/va-2-triaxial-vibration-sensor.html

thank you Emile.

when I spoke to Ed last week and mentioned I was listening to these footers under the SGM, part of me was surprised when he said you were already using them, and after I thought about it, part of me was not at all surprised.

I did not want to post about your use; but now you did it for me.

btw; which model Hardpoint are you using, Serene or Trinia? or the earlier model 'Q9'?

Last edited:

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
by H1 and H2 I assume you are referring to this instrument.

http://www.herzan.com/products/site-survey-tools/va-2-triaxial-vibration-sensor.html

thank you Emile.

when I spoke to Ed last week and mentioned I was listening to these footers under the SGM, part of me was surprised when he said you were already using them, and after I thought about it, part of me was not at all surprised.

I did not want to post about it; but now you did it for me.

btw; which model Hardpoint are you using, Serene or Trinia? or the earlier model 'Q9'?

Yes measured with the VA-2, H1 and H2 being the 2 horizontal planes. I dont know which model, but will check tomorrow, it looks identical to the serene in their 2017 catalogue but I dont see a Trinia anywhere, it was their top model 6 months ago.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Yes measured with the VA-2, H1 and H2 being the 2 horizontal planes. I dont know which model, but will check tomorrow, it looks identical to the serene in their 2017 catalogue but I dont see a Trinia anywhere, it was their top model 6 months ago.

here is a screen capture of the Trinia from the latest brochure. however, my Trinia's (picture in the first post in this thread) are a different red.....but likely it's the same red but just a photo printing issue.

tr.jpg

Last edited:

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr
Hi, guys~!

I'm Byung-Hoon Kim from S. Korea.

Thanks for being interested with Hard Point Serene & Trinia.

Actually Trinia is not released officially.

I have schedule for Trinia released date after introducing to WBF members.

Because Mike was satisfied with Trinia, I decided to release Trinia.

I'm not HI FI Stay staff.

I just inform Korean great damper to the World.

I ask for Trinia test to Light Harmonic & Sehnheiser.

I had good result from two brands.

Light Harmonic officially choose HI FI Stay as their DAC's foot damper.

Larry Ho was inform Trinia to Sehnheiser for their flagship signature Orpheus 2 (HE-1) Tube integrated amps and Trinia was installed under it in Guangzhou Audio Fair.

20170916_112411.jpg

20170916_112452.jpg

I'm charged HI FI Stay product name making and international informing.

Except me, no Korean audiophiles are active in WBF or famous HI FI forum.

I don't have international Trinia introducing paper yet .

First I will upload Serene & Dharma introduce.

Thank you~!

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr
This is Serene & Dharma introduce paper I had written.

In Earth, we have many problems for making fantastic sound, because of electronic noise

and vibrations.

We HiFiSTAY focus on solving losing sound quality by mechanic or natural vibration.

First of this project, we only tried to eliminate all vibrations that occur factitial or natural causes.

We finally made perfect vibration eliminator item. Its elimination efficiency is world best!

But, when these items are installed in HI-FI System, we are very surprised and disappointing

about the result.

We realized that eliminating vibration causes to have a bad effect of HI-FI system's sound quality.

The sound was very unnatural and unbalanced.

Our project changed not to eliminate vibrations, and we tried to make the item that can gather

all componant's vibration.

We tried many times but we failed.

The items have to gather all vibration but all componants have to be serene.

After endeavors, we found that laying a layer of ceramic balls in regular orders or irregular

orders meets our condition.

Finally we can have the perfect vib gathering items [Hard Point Serene] & [Dharma].

Hard Point & Dharma never reduce all componants' vibration.

They just gather all vibration of HI-FI system.

If you have an high-end oscillometer, try to check Hard Point Serene and Dharma.

You will find that our two items are very shaking.

This situation makes audio system silent but not to make unatural and unbalanced.

Hard Point Serene & Dharma are not made easily and we threw away expensive parts everyday.

As our effort, we finally get the perfect vibration gathering items.

“Hard Point make your system’s original performance, and musicians’ intention”

In Korea, all audiophiles tested our unique products and all changed their vib items to ours.

Hard Point Serene’s another unique feature is that natural vibrations audio system make receive

and disperse quickly. as well as tiny vibrations.

Hard Point Serene & Dharma are made not only performance but also cute design.

Many Korean audiophiles were fascinated by Hard Point Serene’s design.

We think that Hard Point Serene & Dharma are the most effective vibrations controlling item in

the world.

We know you have curiocity about using for Dharma.

Hard Point Serene's gathering vibration efficiency is bounded.

Each componant has many circuit boards therefore they laid a layer of circuit boards on top of

another.

So Hard Point's power can't reach the componant's roof.

We thought the problem carefully and finally we find perfect solution.

It is Dharma.

It's used two method of audio system.

First, it can be used LP clamp..

Second, we make Dharma as excellent resonator.

Dharma has more power as resonator than LP clamp.

In Korea, it sold 5000 units.

This record is the proof we can't endure tiny vibration in all componants.

When you test them, you will think that we are very clever.

You reviewers can’t help prove Hard Point and Dharma's fantastic result and make Hi Fi STAY

be famous in the world.

Measure it~!

Hear sound with Hard Point Serene and Dharma ~!!

Our masterpieces will give only positive result.

We focus that sound's entire accuracy, resolution of bass, and elimination of dirty bass.

We hope you will fully understand our intention, and give good result.

All audiophile dreams that they float in the air their audio system.

Hard Point Serene and Dharma are much closer the dream.

You realized all we said in just a few second!!!

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr
I let you introduce Hard Point Trinia.

Actually, HI FI Stay’s flagship model was Hard Point Serene.

We thought Serene is enough to add supplements no more.

But we found critical weak point from 6 Moons review.

Srajan who was in charge of Serene uses Artesania Rack.

He tried to install Serene on the rack that has no bottom, and put on Formula DAC those weight is very light.

Also Srajan’s power cable is very thick and heavy.

Serene we intend to reduce touching extent can’t keep Formula and the DAC was coasted down the rack.

As a result, the review has stopped.

We who couldn’t have proper evaluation were immensely shocked.

We focused on this result, and started to new flagship model for Artesania type audio racks.

To be compatible with that rack, we searched many solutions.

We found the truth that only way to solve this problem is to fix to component, and redesigned Serene.

When we tested new Serene, we disappointed the result again.

New Serene’s vibration gathering ability was greatly decreased By fixing component.

We found the solutions and developed and failed.

After various months, we finally get new flagship model.

It is Trinia.

Trinia is trinity’s Albanian Language.

Trinia is flawless top vibration controller.

Trinia seems to be same to Serene.

Trinia has same constitution to Serene, but feedback by vibration speed and gathering vibration amount is better than Serene.

Trinia can be moved right and left more than Serene by ceramic ball rail’s redesign, and inner vibration gathering structure and material also changed,

so can respond very fast.

Trinia efficiency is more than Serene by about 15%.

Whether fix to component or not Trinia always make same result.

Trinia’s quality is the best.

Trinia is very beautiful.

Trinia is compatible with all type audio racks.

So its name is Trinia~!!!!

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
here is a screen capture of the Trinia from the latest brochure. however, my Trinia's (picture in the first post in this thread) are a different red.....but likely it's the same red but just a photo printing issue.

I have the HardPoint Serene Z10. I was looking for saved measurements but couldnt find them. From memory they had the unavoidable vertical resonance peak any (passive) body would have, didnt notice anything unusual otherwise, but on the horizontal plane they definately made a measurable difference. I cannot detect any colouration from the ceramic balls which would normally be a showstopper for me. Very well implemented footer!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing