High Fidelity Cables

Bobofei86

Apr 11, 2021
Has anyone had an experience with the new CT-2 Double Helix Signature line? I currently audition XLR interconnect and speaker cables and I really like the presentation: lots of resolution, transparency, huge 3D soundstage. The soundstage and the resolution are probably the main 2 attributes of the HFC and they create this WOW effect that is really impressive. In my experience no other cable brand has such a wow factor even if you put just one cable in a system. I’ve compared the HFC XLR to Gryphon VIP and MIT MI-2C3D Level 1 and it’s not even close.
So is there a catch? I still have my doubts wether this extra resolution and 3D effect are natural. There are several threads on this and other forums that High Fidelity products are just snake oil. It is also kind of strange that none of the WBF big guys with the big systems uses High Fidelity products:) and some people, who did use them in the past, no longer do that. Is it a reputation or performance related?
Don't worry mate, once you addicted to the presentation by HFC products, you will stay with them espeically their professional series :)

Im using their flagship pro double helix signature XLR for my ATC active speakers, it's much better than the Nordost Odin2 XLR i tried, even Odin2 is one of the best on the market already :) HFC gives the sound stage with 3D feeling and most importantly, everything sounds so coherent and very close to the 'real acoustic', apart from the XLR, im using few units of their MC1pro helix conditioners and their pro series power cord to feed my SGM Extreme, they are the best cables I have ever tried

I just got the funding and ordered 2 more pro series power cord already :) if you like their tone, you will add more and more HFC products like me

abeidrov

VIP Donor
Dec 17, 2015
Moscow
Well, I am not so sure that HFC is the best path to take in my case. I’ve just compared HFC CT-2 Double Helix Signature XLR + speaker cables to Transparent Ultra. While the HFC set was better resolving, Transparent are easier to listen to, I would say they sound more natural. The HFC are a little bit too much in the face. Maybe it’s my room or Mephisto, I really have no idea. My dealer suggested I try a more expensive line of HFC before making a final decision.

Bobofei86

Apr 11, 2021
Well, I am not so sure that HFC is the best path to take in my case. I’ve just compared HFC CT-2 Double Helix Signature XLR + speaker cables to Transparent Ultra. While the HFC set was better resolving, Transparent are easier to listen to, I would say they sound more natural. The HFC are a little bit too much in the face. Maybe it’s my room or Mephisto, I really have no idea. My dealer suggested I try a more expensive line of HFC before making a final decision.
Please take at least 2-3 weeks Run in first before you make the decision, based on my experience, the run in process for hfc cables is different from other brand, it’s not run in the cable itself but it depends on how long you plug and play in your system, I guess it’s something like to wait for the magnetic power take effective in your system chain which usually need few weeks to get the best result, usually the initial stage is a bit bass shy, not an opened stage and slight affected the dynamic, but it will get much better after enough Run in especially the bass portion

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing