Introducing Sigberg Audio - Active speaker company from Norway

sigbergaudio

Industry Expert
Feb 20, 2023
Oslo, Norway
www.sigbergaudio.no
31.01.230087.jpg

Hello!
My name is Thorbjørn Sigberg, founder of Sigberg Audio. We create high quality, full range active speaker systems that are different than anything in else on the market in several aspects (more on that later). We have recently become a sponsor on the forum, and I intend to be open and active on the forum about our products, our philosophy and our design and development processes. I welcome and enjoy questions around any aspect of our speaker systems!

I aim to start one thread for each of our two current speaker / monitor models, and one thread for our subwoofers. In addition to that, we have a new floorstander currently under development (early days), so I will start a development thread where I will share the progress on that project as well. :)

The company
We're a quite new company (established 2020) and still small. We probably have the largest footprint in Norway, but we've been selling direct to consumer world wide more or less since the start. Our prices include door to door shipping worldwide - and there are now Sigberg Audio customers in many European countries and also in the USA. We provide full range speaker systems with high dynamics and rich, natural sound.

Our sound signature
While our approach is modern and engineering based, I suspect our sound signature is close to the preference of many at this forum. The Sigberg Audio sounds is large (almost larger than life) with a wide and deep soundstage, excellent stereo perspective, plenty of midbass punch and a full bottom end. The mid and top end is clean and open without being fatiguing. Intimate vocal recordings sound amazing on our systems, and so does hard rock. Beyond that our systems present an inherent accuracy and realism to the point that we also sell our speaker systems to recording, mixing and mastering studios.

Our products
Our suppliers are mainly European, our cabinets are built in Europe, and our speakers and subwoofers are designed, developed, assembled and quality assured in Norway. Our products are developed based on measurements and data, but we don't rely on that alone. We also spend an insane amount of time simply listening to our systems across as many genres as humanly possible, tweaking for months to ensure they sound just right on your favorite music, be it country music or black metal.

Our current speaker line-up:
Sigberg Audio Manta cardioid monitors:
A 4-way active speaker system with cardioid dispersion characteristics and insane dynamics (max SPL 122db@1m per speaker)

MANTA Product / discussion thread here on WBF: Manta product thread

Sigberg Audio SBS.1 monitors:
A 3.5-way active speaker system that may look small but provide high dynamics and excellent sound even in large rooms.

SBS.1 Product / discussion thread here on WBF: SBS.1 product thread

Our monitors are sold as a system with at least one (preferrably two) of our subwoofers:
Sigberg Audio 10D: Our dual 10" subwoofer, with the capacity of a 15" sub in a small package.
Sigberg Audio Inkognito: Available in 10" or 12" version, a subwoofer with an unusual shape, enabling flexible placement options.

Both subwoofers are designed for music first and provide perfect transient response and minimal group delay with high-end components from Hypex and Scan-Speak.

Subwoofer product / discussion thread here on WBF: Subwoofer product thread

We also have an active floorstander (Saranna) in development. We will be sharing the development process on WBF here: Sigberg Audio Saranna development thread

And finally, two sentences about me
I'm 45 years old, live close to Oslo in Norway with my wife, two kids, two cats and a huge dog. I'm obviously interested in hifi, and just as obviously passionate about music. Beyond designing and building speakers I also love to discuss and debate with both others in the industry and consumers, and I am eager to do so here at What's Best Forum!

I think I will try to keep it short and stop there, as I will start several other threads as well, and will of course happily expand on any topic if anyone has any questions! Thank you for having me!

SigbergAudio-SBS.1-White1-Edit.jpg 31.01.230083-2.jpg
SigbergAudio-10D-Black-21-Edit.jpg SigbergAudio-Inkognito-White-35-Edit.jpg

Last edited:

sigbergaudio

Industry Expert
Feb 20, 2023
Oslo, Norway
www.sigbergaudio.no
Welcome to WBF Thorbjørn!

Looking forward to explore your lineup someday, these look fantastic. As a fanatic of dispersion control and high dynamic range, kudos!

Thank you, highly appreciated! I will start a thread on our Sigberg Audio Manta cardioid speakers soon, exploring these qualities further. :)

sigbergaudio

Industry Expert
Feb 20, 2023
Oslo, Norway
www.sigbergaudio.no
One of the larger studios outside of Oslo, Norway has the Sigberg Audio Manta with two 10D subwoofers in the control room of their recording studio, and SBS.1 with two Inkognito subwoofers in their mixing / mastering studio.

We did a long interview with Christer Krogh, the head engineer and co-owner of the studio last year.

Here are a few short clips from that, talking about the Manta and the SBS:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing