Iris Suite at RMAF features CH Precision and Gobel with a dash of TW Acustic

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
We will be inhabiting the Iris Suite on the first floor near the restaurant at RMAF.
We will have the U.S. premier of the Gobel Aeon Reference Speakers driven by a whole bunch of CH Precision electronics including 2 M-1 amps, D-1 Transport. C-1 Mono DAC, L-1 Preamp, P-1 Phono and X-1 power supplies.
Please stop by and say hello.!

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
2018-09-26 10.06.58.jpg

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
With or without the red cap upgrade?

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
All the M-1 Amps shipped after July of 2018 have the Red/ updated caps

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
All the M-1 Amps shipped after July of 2018 have the Red/ updated caps

How good is the red cap upgrade ? any feedbacks other than Roy Gregory's article ?

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
How good is the red cap upgrade ? any feedbacks other than Roy Gregory's article ?
My amp has the red caps and we are doing an upgrade tomorrow at a clients home that has an amp without the red caps.

Ill report back when I can

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
I feel that the CH technician flying to the owners homes with these large cylindrical red capacitors in his hand bag will have serious issues in many airport controls ... :)

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
I feel that the CH technician flying to the owners homes with these large cylindrical red capacitors in his hand bag will have serious issues in many airport controls ... :)

Depends if they are strapped to his chest :p

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Yesterday I picked up Sterling Trayle, who is the person doing the CH Precision updates here in the US and we went to my clients house to do the update on his year old M1 amplifier. The results were nothing less than stunning. Stirling is a true professional with many years of High end Audio experience and I have known him since my days at Lyric in NYC. He did the task quickly, neatly and professionally with no issues and my client was thrilled at the level of service and the amazing improvement in the sound. He said and I paraphrase here that this is not an update, this is a whole new level of performance and its like a new amplifier. This is a no brainier for anyone who has the amp to do!
The cost is only the difference in the retail price from the old price to the current price and one gets the new RED caps installed and a new from glass plate with the M 1.1 on it. This includes the total cost of Sterling flying in and doing the job.
Having been in the Industry for many years I believe this is the best example of customer service that I have seen and its not just for one customer its for all of them. Bravo CH and Bravo Stirling.
FYI Mr. Trayle is also an expert set up man and does this for a living , if interested, check him out at www.audiosystemsoptimized.com

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Yesterday I picked up Sterling Trayle, who is the person doing the CH Precision updates here in the US and we went to my clients house to do the update on his year old M1 amplifier. The results were nothing less than stunning. Stirling is a true professional with many years of High end Audio experience and I have known him since my days at Lyric in NYC. He did the task quickly, neatly and professionally with no issues and my client was thrilled at the level of service and the amazing improvement in the sound. He said and I paraphrase here that this is not an update, this is a whole new level of performance and its like a new amplifier. This is a no brainier for anyone who has the amp to do!
The cost is only the difference in the retail price from the old price to the current price and one gets the new RED caps installed and a new from glass plate with the M 1.1 on it. This includes the total cost of Sterling flying in and doing the job.
Having been in the Industry for many years I believe this is the best example of customer service that I have seen and its not just for one customer its for all of them. Bravo CH and Bravo Stirling.
FYI Mr. Trayle is also an expert set up man and does this for a living , if interested, check him out at www.audiosystemsoptimized.com

Thanks for the update Elliot, it seems M1.1stereo is very close or equal to M1monos in terms of musicality.

rsorren1

Sep 6, 2013
Dallas area
Elliott, thanks for the feedback. I am delighted that you and your client found the ownership experience “best in class” because that is what we were trying to achieve. Stirling Trayle is a true professional.

Microstrip, it would be a problem if one had the big red caps in a security line at a US airport. Try explaining that one! What we do is ship the parts directly to the owner’s home once the order is placed. That way we know that Stirling has the parts he needs to complete the upgrade. We also change the front glass to say M1.1.

Stirling did my amp. I’ve got over 150 hours on it since it was upgraded and I can attest that the presentation is better in every way. The bass control has gotten so much better that I am able to run the amp with less global feedback than before. Was 20% now 0%! If you own an M1 and upgrade to M1.1 keep this in mind and experiment with decreasing the Global to local feedback ratio if you were running with a percentage greater than zero after about 75 hours.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Hi Ralph, I have an amp with the Red Caps and when using the suggestions on global feedback that I had received at the suggested level I played with it and found that it was much better if I lowered it. I did not even think at first that this would be a change that was important to make.
My system right now is just plain scary good. I am thrilled. Stirling and I listened for a few hours last evening and were both playing DJ and saying you need to hear this LOL

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Thanks for the update Elliot, it seems M1.1stereo is very close or equal to M1monos in terms of musicality.
if your mono;s dont have red caps then you my friend should get prepared to be AMAZED

ashandger

Jun 14, 2013
Elliot, many thanks for the updates. May I ask if there is any noticeable difference in timbres, especially midrange, with the red caps? Many thanks

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
No the M 1.1 is improved dramatically and the M1 mono also will benefit greatly from the update of the same caps.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Elliot, many thanks for the updates. May I ask if there is any noticeable difference in timbres, especially midrange, with the red caps? Many thanks
I think that the entire amp is faster, more dynamic through the entire musical range. Its a very large difference. Its not subtle or small.

rsorren1

Sep 6, 2013
Dallas area
To follow-on to Elliott’s comments above, I’ve been keeping mental notes of the differences between the M1 and M1.1 amps. Immediately, we heard deeper, richer mid-range in my system. Then the amp went through a “settling in” period. At about 65 hours I started to hear a smoother high frequency presentation with more space in this region. Bass was better and then the same until we hit 75 plus hours when the bass got really good. So much so that I tried dialing back the global to local feedback from 20% to 0%. I’m at 150+ hours as stated above, and the amp is truly amazing in every way; smoother more open highs, deeper, richer mid-range, and better grip, more foundation on bass.

ashandger

Jun 14, 2013
To follow-on to Elliott’s comments above, I’ve been keeping mental notes of the differences between the M1 and M1.1 amps. Immediately, we heard deeper, richer mid-range in my system. Then the amp went through a “settling in” period. At about 65 hours I started to hear a smoother high frequency presentation with more space in this region. Bass was better and then the same until we hit 75 plus hours when the bass got really good. So much so that I tried dialing back the global to local feedback from 20% to 0%. I’m at 150+ hours as stated above, and the amp is truly amazing in every way; smoother more open highs, deeper, richer mid-range, and better grip, more foundation on bass.

Many thanks for the feedback. Are you using Goebel cables in your system?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing