Kuzma 4 Point 9

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Hi Davey,

What caused you decide not to get a 4Point after all?

It’s not totally out of consideration, although I have been told by some Linnie’s (there’s that term again!) that the 4point9 isn’t really compatabile with the suspension on the table, or the way the cabling exits the plinth.
Having noted that, there are some reports coming out that the weight is actually ok for the LP12, although I am skeptical, as the table is very very sensitive to the weight and design of the arm.
Michael Fremer gave the arm a pretty good review, and seemed to be under the impression that it would work well on the Linn....so who to believe??
Since it is almost impossible to hear the combo for myself, it will remain on the ‘consideration ‘ list only, for the time being.

BTW, I have heard the 4point 12”arm, and that is a really nice arm...if your table can accommodate it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runing_man

DeadWax

Apr 11, 2020
I realize this is an old thread but I was curious about any non-Kuzma tables that pair well with the 4Point9. Any experiences to share? I'd like to upgrade my table but want to retain the 4Point arm. I'm obviously also considering Kuzma tables but was curious about all options that could make sense. Thanks.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Upscale Audio often mounts 4Points on Dr. Feickert turntables.

Reactions: DeadWax

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
I realize this is an old thread but I was curious about any non-Kuzma tables that pair well with the 4Point9. Any experiences to share? I'd like to upgrade my table but want to retain the 4Point arm. I'm obviously also considering Kuzma tables but was curious about all options that could make sense. Thanks.

I use a Kuzma 4Point with the Grand Prix Monaco table. The two mate well together. I believe Roy Gregory also uses that combination. This article discusses 4P arm sonics with jewel bearings on that table.

gpa_monaco_20.jpg

The 4P is a popular tonearm. You should hear from other vinylists on their table choices with the 4Point.

dctom

Jan 28, 2015
Wiltshire UK
www.davidcthomas.co.uk
I used the 4pt with my Kuzma XL x 4 , latterly the DC version, since 2010 and enjoyed them immensely. A couple of years ago I had to relocate and consequently needed to downsize my system. I now run a Technics SL1200GR with some modifications and am staggered to realise it outperforms my earlier Kuzma set-up.

Bonesy Jonesy

Jan 3, 2017
UK & Spain
I use a Kuzma 4Point with the Grand Prix Monaco table. The two mate well together. I believe Roy Gregory also uses that combination. This article discusses 4P arm sonics with jewel bearings on that table.

View attachment 107763

The 4P is a popular tonearm. You should hear from other vinylists on their table choices with the 4Point.
My next 'dream' TT set-up to go with my current XL DC TT set-up which I think (and hopefully) will complement each other very well !
Hopefully I can purchase a Monaco V2 (or maybe even a V3 :) ) before I retire in 10+ years time (after I have upgraded and bought my 'dream' Pre-Amp and Power Amps and Speakers also over the next 10 years !).

Reactions: jfrech and tima

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing