Lampi pacific in the House

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Somewhere I read that those horrible screws that protrude, would be eliminated in the Pacific series and that they were only in the pre-series. Well it seems that no. For a DAC of $ 25,000, I think that also has to be taken care of.
For the rest, it sure has a spectacular sound

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
Don't mind the screws, they're just M series hex bolts. Personally. though, I'd slip them out and put some black ones in. Easily available on ebay etc.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Somewhere I read that those horrible screws that protrude, would be eliminated in the Pacific series and that they were only in the pre-series. Well it seems that no. For a DAC of $ 25,000, I think that also has to be taken care of.

I like the gold bolts and Pac hits where it counts...in the sonics! I am waiting to hear better at any price!

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I am waiting to hear one better at my GG1 price

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

Agree though i dont think it looks that bad...the finish on Lampi generally looks great though i've not seen in real life. FWIW, on similar mirror finish DAC boxes, Zanden uses flushmount hex screws. It would just require Lampi to machine the holes slightly differently.

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
I am waiting to hear one better at my GG1 price

You have heard many many world class setups in there own rooms.
But it’s still horses for corses. Maybe lampi can make one close that’s cheaper.
As for upgrade in sound it is levels above a GG 1/2 another league
Have you heard one and where

Last edited:

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Agree though i dont think it looks that bad...the finish on Lampi generally looks great though i've not seen in real life. FWIW, on similar mirror finish DAC boxes, Zanden uses flushmount hex screws. It would just require Lampi to machine the holes slightly differently.

I think lampi has a look it’s indistrial and now a bling version. As for the screws mine will be black and copper not ordered yet.

Charlie B.

Nov 8, 2017
Germany (100km north of Frankfurt)
As Lampi Pacifics are beeing delivered, please let us know how USB vs. LAN inputs compare in your setups.
For me the LAN input sounds clearly better.

GMKF

VIP/Donor
Aug 15, 2017
Munich
Today was "the day" to try out the new Pacific in my set up.
The golden Version is for me (in my eyes) a little bit too much, so I appreciated, that Lampizator is offering the Pacific now on black as well.

To make a first impression comparison possible, I used the tubes from my Lampizator GG2
(Kron anny Recti and Fullmusic 300b/se tubes)

My first GG was very much on the warm side, my GG2 is more on the transparent side.

First impression of Pacific (out of the box) was immediately positive, very structured and full of energy. Having expected a long burn in time, before I can listen to music in an enjoyable way, I am a little surprised, as the Pacific is very good from the beginning.

I have the RK edition tubes waiting, but at first I enjoy, what I am listening right know!

View attachment 43089

View attachment 43090

Nice ! I prefer the black one.
How does it compare to the Ypsilon DAC you posted a few weeks ago?

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
I know you say this and I am not saying you’re wrong
But for me usb is above board over the network. Again not to say your wrong
How did you try usb ?

Charlie B.

Nov 8, 2017
Germany (100km north of Frankfurt)
I know you say this and I am not saying you’re wrong
But for me usb is above board over the network. Again not to say your wrong
How did you try usb ?
Not sure if you are referring to me but if so:
https://www.whatsbestforum.com/show...f-the-line-dac/page41&highlight=lampi+pacific

Lampizator Pacific: Comparing LAN input to USB input

Setup USB: Sonore UltraRendu configured as Roon endpoint powered by UpTone Audio UltraCap LPS-1 fed by LAN from Aquvox AQ-SWITCH SE. Output is a two inch USB type A to B adapter link by Kreder Audio Tuning into the Pacific´s USB input.

Setup LAN: LAN from Aquvox AQ-SWITCH SE.

After listening to my new Pacific in the LAN configuration since setup nine days ago I installed the USB path which took me some time. Right from cold start it sounded worse in comparison to what I was used to. Bad integration of “s” sounds, more nervous, more “hifi”…
For an hour or so I did my best to like it and couldn´t.
Then I switched back to LAN input and relaxed right away. More organic and musical, more information, more detailed space representation, cleaner.
In my chain and to my ears LAN is a clear winner over USB.
This is consistent with what Pawel Derkowsky of Lampizator said without hesitation when asked.
I ´m positive the Sonore sounds better than USB right out of my computer. I don´t feel the need for me to further experiment with USB, especilly since Lampizator promotes the LAN as the better input. I´d change my mind if others find their USB better than LAN. In that case I would probably try to rebuild my music computer.

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
The LAN input of the Pacific works with the UPnP protocol, or only as a Roon endpoint with the RAAT protocol ?

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing