Lampizator DSD DAC

ferrox

Jun 16, 2016
Jakarta, Indonesia
www.primes.asia
I have been out of the loop for a bit dealing with family medical stuff (my 2.5 year old had surgery) and work, but should post more in the coming months.

Who makes the claim on the higher vacuum stuff? You got a Brimar 5R4GY with D/box getters? Good stuff. That Haltron double mica comes in about 10-12 different brand names. I have also seen one version of it as a 5R4GYB. I like that tube a lot and it usually trades in the $50 or below category.

I do like the TAK 300Bs. I bought a used pair a year or so ago. They have a great, deep sound. I have another tube or two I am trying to decide on after making adapters. More to come on that. I will say that I don't get into many new tubes, but the Taks are really awesome.

Shawn

My friend, an audio and video importer, forced me to use power conditioner Furman IT-Reference 20i. Have you guys tried using power conditioner for audio system? My past experience with power conditioner, it killed the life of the music. Everything became so smooth and unreal. The violin sounded like liquid, I can't hear the bow vibrating the strings. So, I am pretty skeptical until now. :(

My friend demonstrated the electrical noise and this Furman, silenced it. But I am not sure if..this would serve a good point for audio. For video, I have no doubt it will positively benefit the picture quality though.

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
I use ps audio power REGEN units for me they make a positive improvement
I also tried a isolation transformer 208 volt in 125 volt out to a small distribution panel
One thing I can say about video is yes any good conditioner not fuse or power cable improves video
Also never connect video to same power as audio a tv uses sw ing psu ,s many of them they do push back noise on the line

ferrox

Jun 16, 2016
Jakarta, Indonesia
www.primes.asia
The valve resonator is a very minor tweak and just a fun play. It is the diamond resonator set underneath that matters, and makes a massive difference. You need the ultra at a minimum if not the giants, and get rid of the roller blocks under the GG. But that's a different budget. Ultra costs 1200 USD for a set, and the giants 2000

Bonzo, how to get rid of the roller blocks under the GG? It's already been stuck there before it got here. :( Should we took it out by force?

ferrox

Jun 16, 2016
Jakarta, Indonesia
www.primes.asia
I use ps audio power REGEN units for me they make a positive improvement
I also tried a isolation transformer 208 volt in 125 volt out to a small distribution panel
One thing I can say about video is yes any good conditioner not fuse or power cable improves video
Also never connect video to same power as audio a tv uses sw ing psu ,s many of them they do push back noise on the line

I just contacted a friend who is a serious and senior audiophile. He told me yes he only uses the power conditioner on the wifi router. LOL..he tried using it on the rest or small part of his humongous setup and it degraded the overall sound quality. So my next upgrade would be to try Acoustic Revive RTP-6 Absolute. It's pretty hard to find a decent review on Acoustic Revive power distributor recently. There is some which I have been visiting for so many times.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I just contacted a friend who is a serious and senior audiophile. He told me yes he only uses the power conditioner on the wifi router. LOL..he tried using it on the rest or small part of his humongous setup and it degraded the overall sound quality. So my next upgrade would be to try Acoustic Revive RTP-6 Absolute. It's pretty hard to find a decent review on Acoustic Revive power distributor recently. There is some which I have been visiting for so many times.

I have ABed Acoustic Revive power strip with PS Audio power 10. The Acoustic revive in that system shrank the soundstage and reduced the bloom. But yeah that's what I have heard from most people to plug directly in. Ansuz Mainz D, Torus, and Vibex seem to get some positive reviews.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Bonzo, how to get rid of the roller blocks under the GG? It's already been stuck there before it got here. :( Should we took it out by force?

No idea. But you can place Shun Mooks with the blocks still on, around them. I don't like those roller blocks.

ferrox

Jun 16, 2016
Jakarta, Indonesia
www.primes.asia
I have ABed Acoustic Revive power strip with PS Audio power 10. The Acoustic revive in that system shrank the soundstage and reduced the bloom. But yeah that's what I have heard from most people to plug directly in. Ansuz Mainz D, Torus, and Vibex seem to get some positive reviews.

Nightmare..I like soundstage and bloom. There is a new product line coming out from Shunyata Research, they named it Denali. I am afraid it would be no different from Furman IT-Reference 20i, at least the way they tested the electrical noise is the same.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Well Bonzo, that would probably work then. What is the massive difference you have with this tweak so far? I might have missed out your earlier post I am afraid.

Tough to say...it is good on all counts, and just my favorite product in hifi, because it is all magic :). There is an alternative to Lampi ( a good vinyl set up and/or tape deck). None for the mook resonators, as far as I am concerned. Try 1 set. So far it has been better than Stillpoints, SRA, symposium and Finite elemente in my various compares, and I did a lot with them, since I would visit local audiophiles easily with them. You can also check with Greg Baron of UHA tape deck, who mooks his whole tape deck, MBL, etc. He is also a dealer for stillpoints.

ferrox

Jun 16, 2016
Jakarta, Indonesia
www.primes.asia
Tough to say...it is good on all counts, and just my favorite product in hifi, because it is all magic :). There is an alternative to Lampi ( a good vinyl set up and/or tape deck). None for the mook resonators, as far as I am concerned. Try 1 set. So far it has been better than Stillpoints, SRA, symposium and Finite elemente in my various compares, and I did a lot with them, since I would visit local audiophiles easily with them. You can also check with Greg Baron of UHA tape deck, who mooks his whole tape deck, MBL, etc. He is also a dealer for stillpoints.

Right now, I am still waiting for my racks and platforms from Massif Audio Design. Let's see what would happen when they're here. I ordered 5 black walnut sumo platforms and 2 5 tier maximillian black walnut with sumo top. My GG will be sitting on top of one of these two Massif racks. If I still need to upgrade, I will.

One of my close friend just informed me to try Bybee Wire Power Purifier. According to him, it will give me the 'bloom'. :) Anybody has experienced this yet? :)

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Right now, I am still waiting for my racks and platforms from Massif Audio Design. Let's see what would happen when they're here. I ordered 5 black walnut sumo platforms and 2 5 tier maximillian black walnut with sumo top. My GG will be sitting on top of one of these two Massif racks. If I still need to upgrade, I will.

One of my close friend just informed me to try Bybee Wire Power Purifier. According to him, it will give me the 'bloom'. :) Anybody has experienced this yet? :)

Mooks have bloom. They do best on plain wood. My way is to not spend on the rack but mooks on the shelves, and the components on.

ferrox

Jun 16, 2016
Jakarta, Indonesia
www.primes.asia
Mooks have bloom. They do best on plain wood. My way is to not spend on the rack but mooks on the shelves, and the components on.

Yea..currently I have two Shunmook maple boards, 1 for NAS, 1 for Auralic Aries and iFi. I also have two sets of Shunmook maple cubes scattered around. LOL..I need the Massif racks is because the current Quadraspire racks are inadequate to my gears. :(

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Yea..currently I have two Shunmook maple boards, 1 for NAS, 1 for Auralic Aries and iFi. I also have two sets of Shunmook maple cubes scattered around. LOL..I need the Massif racks is because the current Quadraspire racks are inadequate to my gears. :(

The maple is a small tweak. I have one maple board and one ebony. It is the diamond resonators that are outstanding.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Honzo can you post a link to the product your posting about

Look for Shun Mook Ultra Diamond Resonators

Or Shun Mook Giant Diamond resonators, which are the biggest, bigger than the ultra.

Both are available from the Cable Co. for trial for 1200ish and 2000 USD respectively. You can look for used or buy ex-dem from a dealer.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Look for Shun Mook Ultra Diamond Resonators

Or Shun Mook Giant Diamond resonators, which are the biggest, bigger than the ultra.

Both are available from the Cable Co. for trial for 1200ish and 2000 USD respectively. You can look for used or buy ex-dem from a dealer.

Current retail of the SM giants is usd 2400. Billy's prices are getting crazy (as well).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing