Magico SPOD's

WDW

May 25, 2011
BC, Canada
I have the Q3's, which we love, and would welcome comments from anyone who is considering these devices for their Magicos. Design differs from the MPods (price as well) but I suspect that Magico has done their homework on this. Thoughts?
WDW

kzhtoo

Nov 27, 2014
IMG_2294.JPG
I have them on my S3 mk1. The improvement is immediate and obvious. More bass articulation, midrange clarity and focus. Superb improvement option for Magico speakers.

PeterA

Dec 7, 2011
North Shore of Boston
I wonder if one can install either the MPod or SPod on a vintage Magico speaker like my Mini IIs. I've heard the results of MPros with and without Mpods, and it was quite impressive.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
Silicon Valley
View attachment 31878
I have them on my S3 mk1. The improvement is immediate and obvious. More bass articulation, midrange clarity and focus. Superb improvement option for Magico speakers.
Once I get over the bad news next week regarding my tax debt, I will be ordering them. If the tax isn't too bad (I wish) then I will also get two Shunyata Denali 2000 for my amps. There always seems to be another level to reach. :)

WDW

May 25, 2011
BC, Canada
Once I get over the bad news next week regarding my tax debt, I will be ordering them. If the tax isn't too bad (I wish) then I will also get two Shunyata Denali 2000 for my amps. There always seems to be another level to reach. :)
From the posts above, sounds like I will need to place the order...thanks, WDW

cjf

Nov 19, 2012
Hello,

Can you provide some more details on how you were able to mount these to your S3 Mk1's in place of the normally included factory spikes.

I also own S3 MK1's but the outrigger/spike combo on mine are not removable unless I wanted to take the outriggers out to the garage and start prying/cranking and heating them up to separate the turn up/down knobs from the Spike threads.

Also curious what the price of these are?

Interested in hearing more about what was involved in installing them..Thanks

kzhtoo

Nov 27, 2014
Magico will provide new out triggers for S3 mk1 (and S1 mk1). You will have to order SPOD PLUS, which is $200 more than normal SPOD.

PeterA

Dec 7, 2011
North Shore of Boston
The current retail for a set of SPods is $2,950. Has anyone tried a set of these under Q3s?

Sep 4, 2017
A local fellow Magico S3 Mk II owner swears by a less expensive alternative: IsoAcoustics GAIA Is for speakers up to 220 lbs or 100 kg. Price US$600 per qty 4.