New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
If Demarcus Cousins comes back from his achilles injury and is anywhere close to his former self.....tough to stop.

I don't think too many teams will be roughing up Steph if they have to contend with Draymond and Cousins.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I think West was just as good a deterrent on that front.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Jeanie Buss called out fans who are not happy about LeBron joining the Lakers

"They’re not Laker fans if they’re not happy about LeBron joining the team."

Strong words given the varying opinions of The King.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Jeanie Buss called out fans who are not happy about LeBron joining the Lakers

"They’re not Laker fans if they’re not happy about LeBron joining the team."

Strong words given the varying opinions of The King.

what else can she say? She's the one who signs the $155M pay checks

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
what else can she say? She's the one who signs the $155M pay checks

She is a strong minded woman. I'm not sure about ever criticizing the fans BUT she is who she is. I am no LeBron fan BUT, in today's game, these kind of deals and coordinating teams is the way it is so I guess she is right in today's NBA. The days of the Old Knicks, the era of Larry/Magic/MJ/Isaiah/Malone/TheDoctor/Miller and even Kobe are long gone.

So "Laker Fans" whatever that means in today's world, rejoice that you have one of the best that ever played to watch

Steve Williams

She is a strong minded woman. I'm not sure about ever criticizing the fans BUT she is who she is. I am no LeBron fan BUT, in today's game, these kind of deals and coordinating teams is the way it is so I guess she is right in today's NBA. The days of the Old Knicks, the era of Larry/Magic/MJ/Isaiah/Malone/TheDoctor/Miller and even Kobe are long gone.

So "Laker Fans" whatever that means in today's world, rejoice that you have one of the best that ever played to watch

Howie

as a Lakers fan for over 40 years that is just about where I am in my thought process and BTW I like Jeanie

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
Howie

as a Lakers fan for over 40 years that is just about where I am in my thought process and BTW I like Jeanie

I liked her better when she would come out to Montana.

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Steve Balmer is all fired up (that's not unusual). :)

He intends to build his own arena in Inglewood and get out of the Staples Center which the Clippers and Lakers now rent from the owner of the LA Kings.

(Staples Center and hanging out downtown and in LA Live was one of the reasons I liked going to Clippers games).

He will not move the Clippers to Seattle - paying for an arena in SoCal (Inglewood) would certainly preclude that for a long while.

The Clippers will not tank like the Sixers but will rebuild quickly thru free agency.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/clippers/la-sp-clippers-fan-reception-elliott-20180816-story.html

You have to admire the man's spunk, that's for sure.

Best case scenario is a .500 record next year in my mind so I hope he and Jerry West pull a few superstar rabbits out of their hats in the summer of 2019.

We've all suffered through some bad seasons with our teams so I guess it is my turn now.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
My team seems to just want to stay in the middle of the pack in perpetuity :( I think the Pacers did well last year and surely got a good player in Tyreke Evans in free agency but it is a weird looking roster overall IMO.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I thought the Pacers played well against the Cavs in the playoffs - great performance by Victor Oladipo

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Oh definitely. I think the players over achieved in a sense. I hope Dipo never loses that giant Dorito on his shoulder.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Steve Williams

Sounds like another great conspiracy theory...Kobe turns his back on the Lakers, secretly working for the Celtics. ;)

sort of like Jerry West (the logo) working for the Warriors and now the Clipps

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing