New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I like Luke, too. Wouldn't be good if LeBron undermined him - but history says he may.

Speaking of Walton's, Daddy Bill Walton will be the color commentator for a few Clipper TV broadcasts this year.

Bill isn't everyone's cup of tea but I like him. Never know what he is going to say.

Last edited:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Well Phil

In the absence of a Lakers presence I have enjoyed the Warriors for the very reason you state however do you remember this one (and he's a Laker now)

No Steve, I don't remember that as I don't on most of his antics.

But seeing it now, I think the Logo Jerry West did that at more center of the court in the 70s, in a title game, IINM. I do remember though James passing the ball to George Hill like a hot potato.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I like Luke, too. Wouldn't be good if LeBron undermined him - but history says he may.

Speaking of Walton's, Daddy Bill Walton will be the color commentator for a few Clipper TV broadcasts this year.

Bill isn't everyone's cup of tea but I like him. Never know what he is going to say.

I really like Bill Walton for helping the C's get a title. Though I have never heard him do the colors.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I watched (finally) the Lakers preseason game with the Warriors and I must admit seeing LeBron in Lakers purple and gold gave me some consternation.

Having said that I thought James and Lonzo together showed some terrific plays together. In fact I don't think I have watched Lonzoplay as well as he did.

I know it's preseason but both teams were playing fulll strength so it wasn't as if Steph, KD and Klay weren't showing up.

I think the Lakers produced a glimmer of hope and it will be fun to watch how far they go (if at all). James was certainly a steadying influence on the young team

Lakers 123-113 over Warriors

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I did not watch the Lakers-Warrior game but just read that LBJ hit a half court shot just before half time. They said Magic and the crowd went wild.

The Lakers will definitely be interesting to watch this year.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The beast is so strong he didn't heave the ball. He had perfect early release jump shot form from there. Nuts.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Season begins with a big win by the Celtics. I can see their roster so deep if I were Brad Stevens, I wouldn't really know who to give playing time on the court. Simmons and Embid as usual are in their top games. Irving had on off night, bad shooting, and Hayward survived his first complete game as a Celtic.

Warriors Thunder up next.

Steve Williams

Season begins with a big win by the Celtics. I can see their roster so deep if I were Brad Stevens, I wouldn't really know who to give playing time on the court. Simmons and Embid as usual are in their top games. Irving had on off night, bad shooting, and Hayward survived his first complete game as a Celtic.

Warriors Thunder up next.

Boston odds on favorites to win the East. They do have a deep bench. Still IMO the west is still the one to watch with GSW, Thunder and Rockets with now the Lakers to mix things up as I think they might grab a game or two from these top 3

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Tatum is officially my favorite C.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Steve Williams

Good game last night between Warriors and Thunder with the game preceded by the ring presentation. I thought it wonderful that the team awarded a ring to the gy who is the Director of Basketball operations. IOW he gets the food, cleans the uniforms and does all of the dirty work. He ha been with the GSW for over 30 years. I thought it to be a wonderful gesture

And how great was the first shot of the game came from Steph beyond the arc to drill a 3 for the first points of the game and season

Westbrook sadly sat due to a knee injury.

Warriors prevail

Lakers up tomorrow vs Portland

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I turned on the Charlotte vs Milwaukee game and had to do a double take when I saw Tony Parker in a Hornets uniform. Forgot he signed with them in the off season.

Clippers on later tonight. Could be a long season for LAC fans.....they will be lucky to finish at .500. Most prognosticators have them at 33 - 35 wins.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The Kawhi -DeRozan trade seems to be working out pretty well for both teams. DeRozan looks like a good fit with the Spurs. He can light it up. Kawhi is showing no signs of the quad injury and playing in great form. Win-win for both teams.

Meanwhile, a highlight of the Clippers game was center Bogan dunking with very little effort, maybe jumping an inch or 2. :D

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
The Kawhi -DeRozan trade seems to be working out pretty well for both teams. DeRozan looks like a good fit with the Spurs. He can light it up. Kawhi is showing no signs of the quad injury and playing in great form. Win-win for both teams.

Meanwhile, a highlight of the Clippers game was center Bogan dunking with very little effort, maybe jumping an inch or 2. :D

Boban Marjanovi?, the 7' 3 1/2" center, is a fan favorite for the Clippers . He is quite a character and has some good dance moves. I think Clipper fans will need the diversion this year. :)

Doc played him more than I expected last night and he did well - 18 points and 8 rebounds playing behind Marcin Gortat. Boban can grab the rim standing on his tip toes.

Clippers lost to the Nuggets in their opener.

I'll be checking out LeBron and the Lakers tonight when they open up against Portland.

Steve Williams

I have to admit that in spite of a Lakers season opener loss to Portland I really enjoyed the game

first off, Portland IMO has a very good team and are well coached.Their big men under the basket added height that the Lakers had no answer for

Having said that the Lakers came in gunning and had an early 10 point lead only to watch it go. The lead changed hands many times and by the end of the third the Blazers were in control

Lillard is a real star

Lakers are a fast team with excellent offense although they couldn't hit a 3 to save themselves and that was a big factor in the game Speaking of tres, I didn't know that Steph's kid brother Seth plays for Portland and he drilled a three just like his big brother

Lakers still play defense poorly in spite of their great scoring and I thought LeBron was way off his game with so many missed shots. He looked tight and trying too hard

It's still tough for me to see him in Lakers purple and gold but he seems to be a steadying influence on the younger players

Kuzma should be a starter as he is that good

I enjoyed Rondo starting as PG with Ball off the bench. Ball has such an unorthodox shot that it looks like he is shooting sideways yet he can make 3's

Josh Hart was playing well and drilling 3's

I love the Lakers young players. LeBron looked his age lat night and seemed somewhat winded and tired. Makes me wonder abut a $138M contract in the twilight of his career.

Bottom line is the team is built around him and consequently I believe the Lakers are going to have to part with 1-2 of their young stars to acquire a seasoned veteran to play with LeBron

It'll be an interesting season especially in the western conference

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing