New Kuro power cable with Bocchino

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Kuro did a very special power cable with Bocchino top connector
This new line of cable has also a ground cable,you can see a small white cable,that you can connect to a ground station or to the new Kuro ground station that keep out the dirty and noise from the ground

65c00c1a-fb46-4370-87bf-d6a6d5363331.JPG
e556cf70-2104-4761-b6ec-ff6d60a16242.JPG
10924c84-a6db-406b-88eb-fbee8cc796d8.JPG

Stacore

Industry Expert
Feb 23, 2017
Gdańsk, Poland
Gian, this looks like a piece of art, absolutely stunning! May I ask what is the logic behind keeping the 3 conductors separated (I assume the 3 cables we see are the Line, Neutral, GND), rather than braiding them e.g. a la Shunyata?

Cheers,

Those cables look like serious business :eek:

May 30, 2010
Portugal
Gian, this looks like a piece of art, absolutely stunning! May I ask what is the logic behind keeping the 3 conductors separated (I assume the 3 cables we see are the Line, Neutral, GND), rather than braiding them e.g. a la Shunyata?

Cheers,
I think that Shunyata does not braid the three conductors - as far as I saw in my old power cables just the neutral and live in a special arrangement. Technically GND should never be braided with the other two. Let us hope that someone from Shunyata can chime on this subject.

May 22, 2015

Cheers,
I would imagine the aim is to reduce capacitance.

May 9, 2012
Italia
This new line of cable has also a ground cable,you can see a small white cable,that you can connect to a ground station or to the new Kuro ground station that keep out the dirty and noise from the ground

View attachment 44013
Great and incredible Power cable, Gian.
Emiliano explained to me the architecture of the project where nothing is left to the chance.
They are pieces of art :eek:

Stacore

Industry Expert
Feb 23, 2017
Gdańsk, Poland
Sure, but then the inductance rises or am I overseeing something?

Thanks,
A-ha! I think I got the design, there is prob. an e-m shielding preventing stray fields from inducing anything in the loops formed by the conductors.
A conductor loop inside a shielding torus, very smart!
Cheers,

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Good to see Emiliano now gives more length to the grounding wire. The ground wires of my Kuro speaker cables are too short.

Tang

Jun 9, 2013

DaveC

[Industry Expert]
Nov 16, 2014
12g solid core wire is not designed to be bent repeatedly. You only have so many bend cycles before it cracks. This increases resistance and can lead to heat building up in the wire. Be careful!

Verdier

Oct 7, 2018
Hello Gianluigi,

I hope that's my new cable - soon ... ;)

Best regards
Verdier (see p.m. ...)

CGabriel

Industry Expert
Nov 1, 2013
WA, USA
www.shunyata.com
I think that Shunyata does not braid the three conductors - as far as I saw in my old power cables just the neutral and live in a special arrangement. Technically GND should never be braided with the other two. Let us hope that someone from Shunyata can chime on this subject.
I don't really think that it matters in the context of this thread since it is about the Bochinno cables. But since you asked.
We don't braid cables. The Hot and Neutral are wrapped in close proximity to minimize inductance and maximize capacitance.
The ground wire is run straight through to minimize induced voltages on the ground conductor.
I my opinion, for power cabling, high distributed capacitance is desirable to reduce high frequency noise and low inductance to reduce instantaneous current losses.