Official Thread to Report Bugs, Concerns or Suggestions With The New Site Platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Just one suggestion - the latest activity button is intended for a fast consult update - IMHO it should not report the full images of the posts in the list.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
What is a "trophy?"

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Is it necessary to have these system threads on the header page? I'd really just prefer the contents/index.

Don't need to be reminded Tang has 3 more tts than me EVERY time I log in LOL.

Kinda gives me a complex.

Reactions: bonzo75

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Is it necessary to have these system threads on the header page? I'd really just prefer the contents/index.

I concur Marc.

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Yes, the drop down menu that I have has report like yours on your screen shot on the left and reply on the right but on mine just missing both the edit and delete command buttons. So at least as we are both using iPhone then the issue might be just one of permissions maybe.
Many thanks guys, yes. Now have the delight of delete and edit capacity... ahhh yes, I love the smell of a good delete in the morning!

Hmmmm, might have to edit that as it sounds perhaps just a little wayward...

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

Steve Williams

Hi Marc

as best I know the add on that allows us to bring the articles forward from the forum does it like this. Sorry it bothers you but we plan on highlighting at least one system every month. When it's your system I'll make sure that your system isn't visible for all to see ;)

Steve Williams

I'd like to give a summary and report why the forum was closed for several hours today. Our prime task today was to relocate the new live site to the ROOT directory from where it was sequestered as well as to hide the old forum (which we have archived) so it won't be found during a Google search

Ked and micro were aware of the issue this morning as we were moving the forum to the ROOT directory. We thought it would take 1-2 hours at the most

Well suffice it to say WBF is filled with hundreds of thousands of attachments. I was told there were 32 folders to transfer and each folder had 30,000 attachments and it took far longer than anticipated

All of this has finally been finished and we are now left only with the task of setting the proper redirect for Google and its search bots to find us as well as completing our SEO which was started 98 weeks ago

I don't anticipate any further major issues

Thanks again everyone for being patient and understanding

Reactions: bonzo75 and GMKF

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Thanks for all the work, Steve! Seems like everything was thought through.

I am BTW writing from my phone and love the mobile functionality now that I've figured it out ;)

Reactions: Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Thanks for all the work, Steve! Seems like everything was thought through.

I am BTW writing from my phone and love the mobile functionality now that I've figured it out ;)

I also love the mobile version. Have you tried it in Landscape mode as everything expands

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
FWIW, I have a couple of comments to make:

1) The site's styling and presentation is just bland: basic table presentation; square boxes; unusual colors; not enough contrast, especially between thread titles and text
2) Hard to follow threads and conversations, because of styling issues
3) Overall, not as inviting as the old one, despite its problems

Suggestions:

1) Each thread title should be in bold typeface, to stand out; different color too
2) Spacing between posts in Activity Stream, to separate them from each other
3) Other colors that accentuate contrast, even a textured backsplash
4) Different, rounder fonts
5) Overall, add a lot more pizzazz - A LOT

Steve Williams

The bland color as you call it is the identical color used a very old newspaper in the UK which has stood the test of time many say because of its color

let us look into and consider your suggestions but TBH if we go your way and add some pizzazz there would be nothing common but a place to do whatever you want

Not sure if I like more pizzazz. Different fonts are included at the top of the postbox

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
I still can't edit my posts and my moniker doesn't reflect industry affiliation.

I have to agree with ack the backgrounds and layouts are somewhat counterintuitive and complicate navigation, maybe it's something we'll get used to in time but right now it's problematic for me.

david

Steve Williams

you're smart David.Think of it as learning to do SRA

PM me what your moniker said on the old site and I can fix that now

As to the edit button, I'm sure it is a matter of user group permissions and i'll get that sorted out for you tomorrow

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
I like the like button ! Well done on the new forum. I'm sure all bugs nits will be resolved. I haven't encountered any so far....other than my avatar getting re-sized. It says 400 pixels max for avatar when you go to change. That is huge. maybe a bug ?

Reactions: dminches

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
The Privacy option:

"Show your online status This will allow other people to see when you are online."

does not appear to be working or I don't understand it. I see my 'handle' wherever 'members on-line' is shown, so I assume others see it as well.

Steve,

I did not hear if this is an acknowledged bug or ....

If you say you don't want your on-line status shown, the software still shows it.

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
The views are present for every thread if you look at the forum the thread is in it tells you how many views and posts

as for seeing the most recent post first rather than the way we have it now....we have always had the mosts in chronological order with the newest post at the top

I will check on the FAQ's

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
The views are present for every thread if you look at the forum the thread is in it tells you how many views and posts

as for seeing the most recent post first rather than the way we have it now....we have always had the mosts in chronological order with the newest post at the top

Re: View Count

If you're if you choose "What's New" from the top most menu ====>>
Then choose "New Posts" you do see View Count

NewPosts_01_2018-10-13_4-52-52.jpg

However, if you take this path:

Forums ===>

Starting in the VINYL FORUM

CalDevice_01_2018-10-13_4-36-31.jpg

Click on "Calibration Devices" ====>>

This shows the threads in that sub-forum. This is where View Count is missing.

CalDevie_02_2018-10-13_4-41-14.jpg

Then pick a thread: Click on "stylus force gauge" thread ======>>

No View Count here either.

CalDevice_03_2018-10-13_4-44-03.jpg

VIEW COUNT IS NOT SHOWN anywhere on the navigation path outlined above.

(unless I'm not seeing it, which is possible.)

Attachments

• NewPosts_01_2018-10-13_4-52-52.jpg
    NewPosts_01_2018-10-13_4-52-52.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 0
  • CalDevie_02_2018-10-13_4-41-14.jpg
    CalDevie_02_2018-10-13_4-41-14.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 0

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
The login is fine and WBF posts appear in my inbox and from those I can go straight into the site.
WBF has been one of my top sites which is there for me when I open Mozilla and enables me to go to the site. The new site has appeared there with my other topsites but wouldn't log me in. I've deleted it a couple of times and tried when it reappeared with the same data error result. It's not appearing in the top sites at the moment so can't do a screen grab.

All working fine now thanks

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

Hi Steve,

Sorry - I seem unable to find it. In the old system, we had the option of having a thread show oldest posts first...or last. I always did last so i did not have to scroll down or flip pages and scroll down to find the final post. it just appeared as soon as i hit the thread.

Is there any way to do that in the new system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing