Official Thread to Report Bugs, Concerns or Suggestions With The New Site Platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
After changing my email address I don't get any emails from the forum even after changing it back to what it was.

david

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Problem with lack of Cancel button.
Once you hit reply it stays in the cache and deleting doesn't get rid of it and it pops up whenever you go back to that thread and reply to another post.

david

Same here. I was refering to Cance button in my earlier post, but the admin must have misinterpreted what I was saying.

Kind regards,
Tang

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
After changing my email address I don't get any emails from the forum even after changing it back to what it was.

david

Have you checked your alert preferences in your settings

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Here is the quick answer from the programmer

Hello Steve

I've posted under my name, and save out the post. Then went back and deleted the post by using the delete button. Works fine. I don’t see a problem.

If during setting up a post, the member then changes their mind, as long as they haven’t clicked post, they can just close the wondow or hit the back button on the browser.

If they post it, then they can imediately edit the text, or delete the entire post.

All good I think?

It's unclear that covers the condition reported which was about a deleted post's content still being in cache - which is different than it being on the screen.

Steve Williams

Tima and ddk et al. FWIW Iagree with you all and don't like the feature. We are awaiting suggestions regarding a work around. Please be patient as each day we are finding little things that either need fixing or to be done better. IMO this is clearly one of them

Steve Williams

To do this is not a small task a so if you are an existing member who has changed your email address we need to be notified of this as all email addresses will have to be exported manually from the data base

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

david

I assume you checked your spam folder as I had some going there. Also I hit "watch" on top of the thread if I want to receive messages, unwatch to unsubscribe

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
It's unclear that covers the condition reported which was about a deleted post's content still being in cache - which is different than it being on the screen.

I have found that if I fully delete all the content and try to post it - that results in an error and does not post anything - the content is eliminated from cache.

Reactions: bonzo75

Legolas

VIP/Donor
Dec 27, 2015
France

david
Try it now. I drilled down to your personal preferences, and somehow you had extras in their. I have deactivated changing your custom title. Should be good now.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I have found that if I fully delete all the content and try to post it - that results in an error and does not post anything - the content is eliminated from cache.

For a cone owner, you sure can think out of the box

Legolas

VIP/Donor
Dec 27, 2015
France
I have been looking at the Preview Post / Or Not function.

1. You click POST REPLY
2. You add some text
3. You click PREVIEW
4. You can edit the text in the ears above, and see the preview in the area below
5. You can now click POST REPLY or the browser back button to cancel the action
6. If you POST REPLY you can then Edit, or Delete the whole post.

IMO this works for me. I haven't seen a Delete button in the Preview area in Xenforo in other website. Maybe vBulletin had it? I never used it though.

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
Site is not remembering my log in info for last 2 days

MAC, Chrome

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Using Safari as the browser, I am having intermittent but continuing problems accessing the site. I frequently get this message, 'server has not responded'.
Is this something that others are experiencing as well?

Legolas

VIP/Donor
Dec 27, 2015
France
Works for me in Chrome on a Mac, and Safari (Sierra OS).
Have you set Chrome to remember history? And click the remember password if it comes up.
Go to Chrome and Prefs and sign in with Google then check you passwords.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Works for me in Chrome on a Mac, and Safari (Sierra OS).
Have you set Chrome to remember history? And click the remember password if it comes up.
Go to Chrome and Prefs and sign in with Google then check you passwords.

Have done that.Although the problem persists even without logging in....I don't get to the landing page---just times out with the server??

Steve Williams

Have done that.Although the problem persists even without logging in....I don't get to the landing page---just times out with the server??

I had the same problem Davey a few days ago. Everything was fine until I suddenly couldn't sign in and the server ground to a halt. It was fixed immediately by updating the caching which resulted when the site was moved from one server to another last Wednesday

Because of this we were going to do site update of the caching

I'll make sure we look into yours specifically

admin1959

THE FIXER (I build websites)
Mar 27, 2010
I have set 'Force HTTPS' on the server. I think that might be the issue. Chrome sometimes doesn't load the page if not https or mixed content. Try it now and get back.

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Tima and ddk et al. FWIW Iagree with you all and don't like the feature. We are awaiting suggestions regarding a work around. Please be patient as each day we are finding little things that either need fixing or to be done better. IMO this is clearly one of them

Thanks. That's good to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing