Official Thread to Report Bugs, Concerns or Suggestions With The New Site Platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Hi Steve
I use Mozilla and Windows 10.
WBF is one of my featured top sites. WBF duly appeared after a couple of visits to the new site but when I try to log in in to WBF it doesn't log me in and a data error message appears.
Any advice would be appreciated.
The new site is great apart from that.

Legolas

VIP/Donor
Dec 27, 2015
France
Hi Steve
I use Mozilla and Windows 10.
WBF is one of my featured top sites. WBF duly appeared after a couple of visits to the new site but when I try to log in in to WBF it doesn't log me in and a data error message appears.
Any advice would be appreciated.
The new site is great apart from that.

I use Firefox as well (Mozilla) and it working ok. Can you screen grab the error and post it? Are you sure you have the correct user and password. Arn't you logged in now to post this?

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
What is your permissions status? I can then check.
Hi Astrostar,
Not even sure how to check that, just figuring that I am just your typical humble member with a small gear addiction who is a tad ocd and really loves/needs to be able to correct my many hastily typed typos lol.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
I use Firefox as well (Mozilla) and it working ok. Can you screen grab the error and post it? Are you sure you have the correct user and password. Arn't you logged in now to post this?

The login is fine and WBF posts appear in my inbox and from those I can go straight into the site.
WBF has been one of my top sites which is there for me when I open Mozilla and enables me to go to the site. The new site has appeared there with my other topsites but wouldn't log me in. I've deleted it a couple of times and tried when it reappeared with the same data error result. It's not appearing in the top sites at the moment so can't do a screen grab.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
how do we get the threads to start with the latest and go down the earlier posts? I always preferred that so i dont have to keep scrolling down.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
I have no edit tab for my posts, but, I can just hit "post reply" and then edit what I have written and then hit "post reply" again. It seems to work but may be different for different users.
Neither do I.

david

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
No dots anywhere Steve and as yo can see my moniker is also missing.
david

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
David,I am looking right at your edit button. What was your moniker that is missing.I think a lot of this is merely a function of tweaking the uaergroups permissions to where they were but as far as an edit button I see yours in what you just posted

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-11 at 6.57.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-11 at 6.57.34 PM.png
    148.4 KB · Views: 4

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Dear Steve et al.

Congratulations.

Suggestion Box and FAQ thread? yields a not found (404?) database error. I went there first to see what I might learn about the new layout, before making any suggestions.

Tried that again and now the thread opened, but it is closed to input.
And again - that thread is gone!

Suggestion: I'd like (once again) to see View Count - how many views for a given thread. "Is my thread being read?" seems like it might be a common question of thread creators. Am I not seeing this, perhance?

So I gather one clicks on the time of the last message to go to the last message? Okay many new things to discover...

Last edited:

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
how do we get the threads to start with the latest and go down the earlier posts? I always preferred that so i dont have to keep scrolling down.

I had that question as well. It appears you can click on the time associated with the last post to go to it.

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
The Privacy option:

"Show your online status This will allow other people to see when you are online."

does not appear to be working or I don't understand it. I see my 'handle' wherever 'members on-line' is shown, so I assume others see it as well.

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
Please add infinite scrolling if possible, it makes changing pages seem archaic

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Dear Steve et al.

Congratulations.

Suggestion Box and FAQ thread? yields a not found (404?) database error. I went there first to see what I might learn about the new layout, before making any suggestions.

Tried that again and now the thread opened, but it is closed to input.
And again - that thread is gone!

Suggestion: I'd like (once again) to see View Count - how many views for a given thread. "Is my thread being read?" seems like it might be a common question of thread creators. Am I not seeing this, perhance?

So I gather one clicks on the time of the last message to go to the last message? Okay many new things to discover...

The views are present for every thread if you look at the forum the thread is in it tells you how many views and posts

as for seeing the most recent post first rather than the way we have it now....we have always had the mosts in chronological order with the newest post at the top

I will check on the FAQ's

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing