Ortofon SPU Century

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Hi david. Just surfing around and saw this old thread. What did you eventually think of the SPU Century? I have a 3012-R that I'm looking for a cartridge for, thought I might do the SPU dive with the Century, if I can find one around. Sounds fun. And my 301 plinth is on its way from overseas, so need to get off my duff and make a cartridge decision. Thanks, Mark
It’s a beautiful sounding cartridge but it’s a limited edition one that isn’t quite the same as the Classic. Since this will be your one and only SPU I recommend the Classic over this one.

david

Last edited:

Asa

Dec 29, 2012
Thanks
It’s a beautiful sounding cartridge but it’s a limited edition one that isn’t quite the same asthe Classic. Since this will your one and only I recommend the Classic over this one.

david
Thanks, david. Do you mean, SPU Classic G MkII? BTW, curious, not sure you've said it elsewhere: what's you favorite cartridge with the 3012-R...God at the gates lets you in with one...the most ethereal, the most sublime?

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Thanks

Thanks, david. Do you mean, SPU Classic G MkII? BTW, curious, not sure you've said it elsewhere: what's you favorite cartridge with the 3012-R...God at the gates lets you in with one...the most ethereal, the most sublime?
I meant the last Classic I haven’t heard the mk2, I guess as a dealer I have get one now :)!

3012-R works great with every cartridge I have or tried. My favorite currently made cartridge is still the van den Hul Master Signature Stradivarius and it’s variants.

david

Asa

Dec 29, 2012
I meant the last Classic I haven’t heard the mk2, I guess as a dealer I have get one now :)!

3012-R works great with every cartridge I have or tried. My favorite currently made cartridge is still the van den Hul Master Signature Stradivarius and it’s variants.

david
Cool, thanks.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing