So I bought I pair of Rockports...

sickophant

May 24, 2013
Warszawa, Polsce; BrizVegas, Oz
Sure. Brendon over at tubeworld.com. He is a man of few words but his service and advice, curt they may be, are exceptional and accurate. But even he seems to be running low of late. I really hope we (the Audio world) are not running out. These NOS tubes are very valuable, very good. And with WE even now having stopped production of the 300B's again I have lost my hopes that they may have kicked in on some of their other old offerings, like the 417a's. The 300B's from their, what?, 2005/6 run were no slouches, although this remark is likely to start a debate with the "0nly 50's NOS tubes are authentic" crowd. The new 300B's easily wiped the floor with the tubes shipped with my Kondo Shinri.

So sorry, TubeWorld.com. He's a great bloke, I've had no problems with him ever.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Thanks!

Roysen

Aug 6, 2011
Jfrech,

Do you know if your Porsche Topaz Brown Metallic finish is the same as the Wilson Macadamia which from my understanding also is a Porsche color originally.

egidius

Member Sponsor
Feb 13, 2011
Switzerland
VW colours..

Jfrech,

Do you know if your Porsche Topaz Brown Metallic finish is the same as the Wilson Macadamia which from my understanding also is a Porsche color originally.

As a matter of interest; my Merlin speakers use Audi colours, and you could order any of those VW colours, I presume it might be a point of interest, if the same goes for those more upperclass designers?

e

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Jfrech,

Hi, the porsche topaz brown metallic is lighter, hints of green, beige, brown and black. The wilson macadamia is much darker and more brown/black...they are pretty different imo...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing