Steve's RMAF 2013 Photo Thread

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Love the pics. The plumbers crack photo early in the series is pretty funny Steve...

Buttcrack resonance control, never thought of that one. Available and cheap for the average aging audiophile.

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I heard it briefly while I was at the Hyatt and it didn't leave a lasting impression. Possibly if I would have been able (or willing) to listen to it longer I would have a different opinion. I don't normally think of tube based systems as being bright sounding, but this is the only memory I have during the short time I heard this system. Take it with a grain of salt though.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Great pictures Steve - it was nice to find the show was much bigger than I could expect. Did you manage to listen to the SoundLab/MSB system?

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
One other thing which I forgot to mention and cannot go unforgotten. The very famous Charles King was at the WBF dinner and he and I bonded immediately as we were trying to decide which one of us is older :)

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Not 'older' Steve...'mature' ;)

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Great pics Steve...thanks. The poor little arm and cart in post 9 ( VPI TT ) in the Focal, Cambridge, VPI, Pro-ject and Gold Sound room looks very sad!!:(

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Lotta VPI tables in those pictures.

But many show attendees were wondering why Bob Graham didn't bring the Tech Das to arguably one of the biggest North American consumer audio shows? Showing the table at CES is one thing but one would think Bob would want to let audiophiles have a listen. That is unless that isn't in his business plan.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I figure he's busy trying to get the Phantom Elite finalized. It's been delayed again. The Air Force Two is launching next month. I'll be there and get pics for my WBF buddies. :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing