The Colibri “Master Signature”

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I am very excited to learn the results of these direct, apples-to-apples comparisons:

1) AS-2000 versus AF1, using 3012R and same cartridge

2) Opus 1 versus VdH, on 3012R on AS-2000

(I think you already prefer both Opus 1 and VdH over ZYX UNIverse Premium.)

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
I am very excited to learn the results of these direct, apples-to-apples comparisons:

1) AS-2000 versus AF1, using 3012R and same cartridge

2) Opus 1 versus VdH, on 3012R on AS-2000

(I think you already prefer both Opus 1 and VdH over ZYX UNIverse Premium.)

1) I am not moving my SME to Techads. People, you included, already heard Techdas vs AS at David's.
2) I havent listened to the ZYX. The one I had was defective and Sora Sound very professionally just sent the replacement with no hassels at all to me two days ago.

Tang

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
1) I am not moving my SME to Techads. People, you included, already heard Techdas vs AS at David's.
2) I havent listened to the ZYX. The one I had was defective and Sora Sound very professionally just sent the replacement with no hassels at all to me two days ago.

Tang

Thank you, Tang. I must be confused then. When I spoke with Kedar he seemed to think you were planning a direct comparison of AS-2000 to AF1.

Actually, I personally never listened to the AF1 at David's. I have heard the AF1 at Steve's many times and elsewhere many times, but not at David's.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
I would not say it falls in between Ian. I think it is more of a combine. It has a least if not more body of the AtlasSL with even better bass than the AtlasSL and the vividness of Opus with also a beautiful high end extension, fast transient like Opus. Just complete spectrum imo. But interesting enough it totally has its own presentation with extremely engaging character. The sound is a little bigger than I am familiar though. For this I can get used to.

Btw, I saw you pic of Ron's visit. You have the most kind face I have seen. Thai women would adore you here. And if my boy saw you in red he would probably say "Santa".

Tang ;)

Hi Tang,

Yes, my beard makes me look like Santa. This beard is new for me. It started as a joke but I have become a little attached to it.

Interesting that you say 'body' when you mention the Atlas. To me the Opus has so much more body than the Atlas. The Opus feels a bit 'heavy' to me which works well with chamber music but not so much with rock/pop/jazz where it can feel a little slow and dull. I like the more open sound of the Atlas and while I appreciate it's deep bass, it lacks a bit of body. That's why I was wondering if the Colobri would be the best of both worlds.

Ian

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Bonzo is enjoying the Master Sig.

D93BD99F-91F1-47BE-92EE-6A4FCB9F7AF0.jpg

What kind of an audiophile jumped out of his seat screaming fantastic! fantastic!
This guy is crazy. I should have screened more carefully.

Tang:D

Reactions: rockitman

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Are you sure he jumped out of his seat? Looks like he could fall out pretty easily. :)

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Are you sure he jumped out of his seat? Looks like he could fall out pretty easily. :)

He did Ian. Only he screamed Fantastic! Fantastic! not because he was hearing something good but because he liked the honey roasted duck and egg noodle I was giving him for lunch :D.

Tang

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
He did Ian. Only he screamed Fantastic! Fantastic! not because he was hearing something good but because he liked the honey roasted duck and egg noodle I was giving him for lunch :D.

Tang
Don’t start feeding him Tang ! Like a cat he will probably never go home again.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015

Tang

Lol - brilliant. Please send him home with the finest Tom Yam paste :)

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Don’t start feeding him Tang ! Like a cat he will probably never go home again.

Lol to both. So far being overfed on an analog diet. I came with a one way ticket anyway

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Lol to both. So far being overfed on an analog diet. I came with a one way ticket anyway
Getting adopted by Tang sounds like a good gig to me ! :)

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I think tomorrow Tang will buy a ticket for you for London and will bring you to the airport

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
^lol. Tang can we get comparative videos of Ked eating honey duck noddles with Colibri versus Ked eating green chicken curry with Opus thank you

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Lmao

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Tail down

bluedoor

Jun 19, 2013
Does anyone have any insights into whether the Calibri "Master Sig" would work well in a Kuzma 4 Point 14inch tonearm? Thanks

With the 14" I don't know, what i do know is that the MSS works wonderful with the Kuzma 4 Point 9".
It's what I use at the moment in my TT, and this combination is by far the best I've had until now. And I didn't reach yet the 100 hours mark, so....
I subscribe the impressions of Tango.

Reactions: bonzo75

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
With the 14" I don't know, what i do know is that the MSS works wonderful with the Kuzma 4 Point 9".
It's what I use at the moment in my TT, and this combination is by far the best I've had until now. And I didn't reach yet the 100 hours mark, so....
I subscribe the impressions of Tango.

With the 9 inch and the stabi M is what was being played at Munich this year in the vox Palladian room

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing