The Fremer lays an ostrich egg thread

Tom Far worse things were said about Frremer who is also a member. It did not seem to trouble anyone but me.

The post was intended to be a a parody of the typical response to reviews a reader disagrees with.
Unfortunately your response is stereotypical.
You're biased.
You're a hack..
You used the wrong equipment, setup or room.
Your test procedure is flawed.

You must have missed the parenthetical expression. "Tongue planted firmly in cheek." I'll go back and delete the post if you still think it is inappropriate. I guess my attempt at humor missed the mark

So this guy previously hated the Levinsons' and now he loves them. He must be on the take. Harman must have taken out a big ad in his magazine. He listened at a show in a treated room. No blind or a/b testing. Give me a chance. I can show his first impression was correct. How could his subjective positive opinion have any credibility at all. I bet he hates vinyl and think tubes amp suck too.
For anybody who does not believe this amp sucks I will provide an in home demo.(tongue planted firmly in cheek):b

I hope we can close this thread now. We should be able to admit that Fremers impression of the ML 53 was just that; his informed opinion. Give it what weight you think it deserves.

Wow.

Tim

Greg, you do realize that he is a recent new member of the forum right? Posts like that are a definite deterrent for him wanting to participate, at least it would be for me. How would you feel if someone posted something like the post above about a review you did?

Tom

Whose post was it? Has he already become a former member here?

More to the point, his quote seemed to be referring to the system rather than the amps specifically.

I went through the trouble of locating an opposing point of view praising the ML 53. I probably should have left at that.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing