Venom HDMI updated to HDMI 2.0 and 18 GBPS?

Indy

Dec 14, 2014
I have 2 questions for Caelin or Grant. Will the Venom HDMI be updated to the full HDMI 2.0 specification to pass 18 GBPS?

Are the cylinders on each end of the Venom HDMI ferrite cores or something similar?

CGabriel

Industry Expert
Oct 31, 2013
WA, USA
www.shunyata.com
I have 2 questions for Caelin or Grant. Will the Venom HDMI be updated to the full HDMI 2.0 specification to pass 18 GBPS?

Are the cylinders on each end of the Venom HDMI ferrite cores or something similar?

The VENOM HDMI is already compliant to 2.0 specifications.

The cylinders on the cable are filters that reduce 'common-mode' noise that may affect performance.

Indy

Dec 14, 2014
Thanks for the information. If I understand the HDMI spec correctly, then it should be able to pass 18 Gbps? I ask because, on the packaging of the Venom HDMI I bought 2 years ago, it says 10.2 Gbps.

CGabriel

Industry Expert
Oct 31, 2013
WA, USA
www.shunyata.com
Thanks for the information. If I understand the HDMI spec correctly, then it should be able to pass 18 Gbps? I ask because, on the packaging of the Venom HDMI I bought 2 years ago, it says 10.2 Gbps.

Oops, sorry I was mistaken. The existing Venom HDMI cannot pass 18Gbps. We are working on a new version that will. This is a good link to read about the subject.

https://www.cnet.com/news/hdmi-2-0-what-you-need-to-know/

Indy

Dec 14, 2014
Oops, sorry I was mistaken. The existing Venom HDMI cannot pass 18Gbps. We are working on a new version that will. This is a good link to read about the subject.

https://www.cnet.com/news/hdmi-2-0-what-you-need-to-know/

Thanks once again for the information. I am in no hurry to buy a cable. I can wait for you to offer for sale your new version of the Venom HDMI, that can pass 18gbps. I have a new 4K TV, with 12 bit color, etc. I would prefer to buy a cable that will be future proof for a while.

I will be looking out for your new cable.

CGabriel

Industry Expert
Oct 31, 2013
WA, USA
www.shunyata.com
Thanks once again for the information. I am in no hurry to buy a cable. I can wait for you to offer for sale your new version of the Venom HDMI, that can pass 18gbps. I have a new 4K TV, with 12 bit color, etc. I would prefer to buy a cable that will be future proof for a while.

I will be looking out for your new cable.

Yes, we are currently working on a new cable that will support up to 48Gbs.

Indy

Dec 14, 2014
Yes, we are currently working on a new cable that will support up to 48Gbs.

48Gbs, yes, I believe that is the new HDMI 2.1 spec.

Do you have an idea of when the new HDMI cable will be available?

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Around the end of year.

Might be interesting to see how the new product works on the I2S connection of the PS Audio Directstream.

CGabriel

Industry Expert
Oct 31, 2013
WA, USA
www.shunyata.com

We are working on 2.1 specification. We will make an announcement when it is ready.

The cylinders are common mode noise filters.

zheng4

Feb 28, 2019
We are working on 2.1 specification. We will make an announcement when it is ready.

The cylinders are common mode noise filters.

If the HDMI cable is used for audio purpose only, as I2S connection, will the new cable provide any advantage over the current version? Thanks.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing