Vyger Atlantis - my new turntable :)

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Dear sir, tangential is the gerund of tangent i.e;a point of intersection between a line and a curve.

The number of nulls or tangents with regard to fixed,anchored arms is curve-setting dependant.

Linear arms are constantly perpendicular therefore the nulls are theoretically infinite.

Whereas anchored arms can only achieve a maximum of three nulls per LP during playback,linear ones never deviate from the apex or non trivial zero plot(x,y,z) where z=time.

If I am able to connect my scanner to my pc I will draw to better explain.

Kindest regards,G.

Thank you zerostargeneral. I now understand the distinction. I had not heard of a pivoted (anchored) arm like the Kuzma 4Point being referred to as a tangentially tracking arm.

zerostargeneral

Apr 14, 2018
Dear Peter, please know that I did not mean to offend in any way.

I hoped to illuminate the difference between accepted terminologies and the tenets of Euclidian geometry.

Well executed linear arms induce very little bass DISTORTION,as opposed to fixed pivot arms.

Said distortion is mainly evident when scoped,the audible change may express as augmentation.

Kindest regards,G.

Chau

Feb 20, 2018
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Dear Chau,

I have owned 99% of turntables worth consideration.The latest Vyger iterations are my ultimate choice.
I do not know Gian,I have read many of his posts and respect and admire his systems and knowledge.
Equally I do not know Mr. Tang but respect his path and system.Both manage to convey passion and excellence in a foreign tongue.

Fortunately for me I have not lived a life full of bigotry and self entitled twaddle,as such I massively respect these gentlemen and others like them;Larry,Andromeda,853,Big T et al.

One arm,one cartridge great condition vinyl(mono and stereo)

Bill,Kedar and Larry are now good friends to me and I respect their input(loosely)and their heartfelt enthusiasm.

Please may I suggest you contact Enrico for him to personally install for you?

As an aside,I like all low compliance mc and mi devices,I use the Red Sparrow,Sumile,Benz LPs,Garrot Brothers paratrace Blue,Grey bodied FFSS.

The Krimon has my head but the Mayer makes me weep(J Field-Bruch).

I would not part with either.

Kindest regards,G.
Dear Zerostargeneral,

Thank you so much for your Comment and advice. I definitely will have Enrico to help me installing the system. Now I am sure you are the famous General whom everyone has talked about many times ??

I have sent you a PM trying to get more insights. I would be so happy if you could reply.

Best regards , Chau

Chau

Feb 20, 2018
So, then Chau's impression of the bass being a bit strong is not completely out there it seems. Also, the S5MkII have a looser tuning on the bass than the Q series Magicos. The two together might call for a leaner cartridge...

Dear Morricab,

Thank you for your input. I was considering the same thing because in my small room, and my system with Vyger + Opus I might have too much bass. But I really can’t restart my research again. It’s been more than one year. So I’d be brave and take Opus :) hopefully the Kuro cables would make things more natural and transparent ??

Chau

Feb 20, 2018
By general I mean zerostargeneral http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showt...tations-to-all&p=505350&viewfull=1#post505350

The AP are good, and classic records, AP etc I would buy in the absence of good originals. The latter is an expensive hobby. For example my classic records Henryk Szeryng Lalo symphonie espagnole sounds better than my Decca ED2 Ricci and better than my Szeryng ED2 living stereo. But the General's Szeryng ED1 is so much better than my classic records. Money and research wise the classic records Szeryng is a no brainer.
Dear Bonzo75, I took note of your advice. I already tried my best to get the best version of every records which I must have. But in VN this is a very challenging task :) I thank you for your advice.
Hi Chau,

I haven’t noticed too much bass in the systems that I regularly hear (mine and General’s) with the Vyger in play. The bass certainly goes deeper (a lot deeper than my SME30/2) but importantly it is full of musical content - this latter part is the key to this.

You can always tailor this parameter somewhat using loading on the phonostage and speaker positioning if you want to fine tune.

On a somewhat controversial point, I don’t see myself returning to tangential arms after using the Vyger solution.

Cheers

What a good pad on my back, dear Bill. When Enrico would be here to install I’d make sure he tries many different settings hopefully we can get the right balance Tunning the phono and VTA. Thanks so much for your input, Bill.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
hopefully the Kuro cables would make things more natural and transparent ??

Definitely more transparent and natural than the MIT Khun Chau.

Btw, how do you put the heart imoji in the comment. I want to send this heart to a few guys here.

Tang :D

Chau

Feb 20, 2018
Definitely more transparent and natural than the MIT Khun Chau.

Btw, how do you put the heart imoji in the comment. I want to send this heart to a few guys here.

Yay Khun Tang, I am so excited about the coming Kuro ?? And the heart is also sent to you, Khun Tang ??
Please use the emoticons from your iPad or iPhone’s keyboards.

I wish you a great week ??

Chau

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Dear Chau
Now my opus 1 on Vyger is perfect
I set up a little the arm and now sound is not fully like before
Is more open and transparent
Now is perfect
2 my friends that know my system very well,one with Alexandria and other with Wilson X1 yesterday were shocked listening Vyger in my system

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Yes we are all in love with the mythical creature “a female audiophile “. As rare as a unicorn !

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
Mythical indeed....

Chau

Feb 20, 2018
Dear Chau
I am jealous
Why you send earth also to Tang?

Dear Chau
Now my opus 1 on Vyger is perfect
I set up a little the arm and now sound is not fully like before
Is more open and transparent
Now is perfect
2 my friends that know my system very well,one with Alexandria and other with Wilson X1 yesterday were shocked listening Vyger in my system

Dearest Gian,

I am so happy for you my brother. I can't wait it's my turn to be in Music Nirvana like you, Khun Tang and many other gentlemen here. I am sure Enrico would try few setup to find the best for my system. I will make him and his partner some best VN dishes. Will you come over, too? :)

Please don't be jealous Gian, as you saw, Khun Tang said he wanted to send hearts around in this forum. Surely you will be the first to receive

Enjoy your amazing system and I might visit you one day to admire it and to thank you in person :)

Chau

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Surely you will be the first to receive

Enjoy your amazing system and I might visit you one day to admire it and to thank you in person :)

Gianluigi. You must be daydreaming all day today. A kiss and glasses of wine?

Chau

Feb 20, 2018
Gianluigi. You must be daydreaming all day today. A kiss and glasses of wine?

This forum is combined of the world most loving audiophiles for sure, Khun Tang :)

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I am jealousy of Tang because he is more YOUNG more FINE more RICH and with BETTER SYSTEM than mine and I am sure at the end you will choose him

Reactions: Bobvin

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I am jealousy of Tang because he is more YOUNG more FINE more RICH and with BETTER SYSTEM than mine and I am sure at the end you will choose him

She already has a system. Ideally, she wants a guy without a system, so that he can pay more attention to her. Only one qualifies

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I am very happy on this forum because I found a lot friends and all are genuine nice clever kind wonderful people
Seems impossible but is true
The biggest Italian forum
Melius.club is a ****,forum and people
If you buy a cheap thing you are stupid and understand nothing,if you buy an expensive thing you are stupid because you spend money for nothing and every discussion are closed because people speak bad if other
Thanks to all WBF member and mainly to WBF founder
I also learned a lot of things

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing