We Did It

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Forklift :) It's when you move IT platforms without a break in service :)

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Hi, what happened to my report on Tang's visit? Seems to have been lost in the transition. I am not posting it again

Reactions: XV-1

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Hi, what happened to my report on Tang's visit? Seems to have been lost in the transition. I am not posting it again

Oh yes you are Ked :cool:o_O

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Really liking the new look the more I get used to it.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I really appreciate all the work the team puts in. I think they act swiftly and tastefully as moderators.

But if I'm being honest there is so much added noise that I'll probably be post&read a lot less. It's way too over stimulating for me. It's like every "appearance" switch was turned on. When I go to "New Posts" the icons are very distracting, and the indicator for previously posting in the thread is very small and far from the thread name. I suggest looking at AudioCircle whom has graphics that fake all of the "appearance" stuff, and I don't find it difficult at all. (also less most of the things that I don't like)

If there's some way to turn off all the 3D shader outline effects that would help me be able to deal with it. Also under New Posts, the line that seperates "since last visit" is... one of the best things ever. Also when you quote someone and it puts their name in Red, too intense for me.

The graphic towards the right side at the top sure looks like a big bitcoin B because of color. But the stuff on the left looks nice, no longer suffering from any kind of resolution issues obviously.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Congrats! Looks nice. How do you get to the last post of a thread, like we did with the >> icon?

Also nice that I can access the old site

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Congrats! Looks nice. How do you get to the last post of a thread, like we did with the >> icon?

Also nice that I can access the old site

If you click on the thread via new posts, it automatically goes to the new post. You can also click jump to new on top of the thread.

How do you access the old site

I don't like the home page, too much noise of creating a slide show of posts. Should go directly to the forum

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
They just cut off access to the old site, I was able to see last night's posts by searching on google.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
At first glance it doesn't look like it will be too hard to get comfortable with the new format. I do like the new look.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I don't like the home page, too much noise of creating a slide show of posts. Should go directly to the forum

Hi Ked

FWIW, the days of seeing only the forum without a home page are fading quickly. If you don't like landing on the home page just click forums at the top.We talked about where the redirect should take us when we log onto the site, either the home page or the forum. If sufficient objection to landing on the home page we can change it to land on the forum
The home page is created by a powerful Xenforo add-on that allows virtually anything to be taken from within the bowels of the forum and brought forward to be read as a matter of interest. We can create the home page virtually any way we want. Our goal is to change the home page every month and bring interesting timely subjects to the foreground. This was just our first "go" at it so we could get a feel for what it is capable of.

All of us will have different learning curves. It is very intuitive and very easy to use. The search function is vastly superior to that of Vbulletin. Further we have also purchased a super charged search add on that is so powerful we can't use it yet until our server host adds some form of software at their end to make it operational.

As far as a redirect to the old site we hopefully have written code sufficient to prevent that from happening. We are keeping the VBulletin database forever in case we have to extract information from it but it should be totally inaccessible.

So for now we are looking at all feedback from members so we can decide on the best ways to proceed. Let's everyone just use it and give us your feedback in a constructive fashion

Reactions: bonzo75

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I have 36 Points!!!

Reminds me of "Whose Line is it Anyway"...... where everything is made up and the Points Don't Matter!!!!

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
great job!
I like it, very nice look & feel :)

thank you!

Sharp 1080

Apr 20, 2010
Dallas,Texas
Congratulations on the switch. I'm really enjoying the new look and layout.Thank you for the much needed changes!

drrsutliff

May 6, 2013
Fleming Island, FL
Looks great. Thank you Steve for all the diligent effort to make it happen.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I want everyone to know that the successful changeover to this new forum platform is not creditable to "we" -- it is creditable solely to Steve and to his amazing IT designer!

I like that we have search functionality which actually works!

RnRmf

Apr 29, 2015
The new layout made a great first impression on me.
It's clean looking and very easy to browse.
Nice job. I haven't seen a forum with a great look like this.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Steve,

Congratulations, I like the new looks, but I am disappointed that google advance search does not work anymore in WBF, and that my collection of bookmarks does not work any more - they return " Database error The database has encountered a problem!".

IMHO WBF is the one of the best repository of high-end information and debates in the net - if its past is not searchable and accessible it looses most of its value!

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Steve,

Congratulations, I like the new looks, but I am disappointed that google advance search does not work anymore in WBF, and that my collection of bookmarks does not work any more - they return " Database error The database has encountered a problem!".

IMHO WBF is the one of the best repository of high-end information and debates in the net - if its past is not searchable and accessible it looses most of its value!

Completely agree. We need searchability of all the encyclopedia here

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing