What is it about the Wilson designs that the speakers are so hard to drive? (excepting Alexandrias)

renatoab

Jul 8, 2013
In my personal experience, I had a better performance using Mark Levinson 585 than using my previous Accuphase E-560 to drive my Sashas v1. The extra power of Mark Levinson brought more dinamics and better soundstage.

Pb Blimp

Oct 30, 2017
USA
In my personal experience, I had a better performance using Mark Levinson 585 than using my previous Accuphase E-560 to drive my Sashas v1. The extra power of Mark Levinson brought more dinamics and better soundstage.

Dude you gotta stop posting so often.

Bar81

Mar 24, 2017

Pb Blimp

Oct 30, 2017
USA
I’m sorry if my posts bother you so much

Yes, of course I was being silly. We need to laugh around here once in a while. Three posts in 5 years just caught my eye. I am sorry I was not more clear. Your post was not bothersome in the least; in fact the opposite.

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
In my experience, the devil is in the details (as it is with most things in life and audio). Variables include room size, listening distance to speakers, preferred listening volume, room treatment (or lack thereof), speaker impedance across the frequency spectrum (not just nominal) and of course speaker sensitivity. I have found in general more power not only allows for better dynamics but also effortless sound especially at higher levels. This applies to all speakers but more so to non - horn type speakers.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
In my experience, the devil is in the details (as it is with most things in life and audio). Variables include room size, listening distance to speakers, preferred listening volume, room treatment (or lack thereof), speaker impedance across the frequency spectrum (not just nominal) and of course speaker sensitivity. I have found in general more power not only allows for better dynamics but also effortless sound especially at higher levels. This applies to all speakers but more so to non - horn type speakers.

Yes, which is why I have a 100 W/ch amp for speakers that can easily be driven by 15 W/ch amps (my previous amps) or even less.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing