What's Spinning Tonight?

Prince - For You. Piano & A Microphone 1983 did not turn up this week - thanks amazon!!. This self tilted 1978 classic will have to do - Prince wrote, produced, arranged, composed, and played all 27 instruments on the recording at the age of 20. I really miss this musical genius.

This is the 2016 remaster by Kevin Grey - sounds pretty amazing actually and much better than my 84 Euro reissue - highly recommended.

44247999474_f43656bc12_b.jpg

Andrew Weatherall ?– Masterpiece: Created By Andrew Weatherall. Ministry Of Sound - 2012 - 3LP's. Remix albums don't get any better than this - unbelievable - sound quality is superb as well.

30031803917_b0c86a0aa9_b.jpg

BE21BECE-6AF3-4615-90F0-B887FF638A2A.jpg
Holy Crap! One of the most dynamic, natural, fun albums in a long time. I’m a big José James fan, great live and his albums unpredictable.
His tribute album to Bill Withers, now 80!
Jump in straight to Lean on Me and then start from the beginning. You’ll be up dancing in no time.
Blue58
Available in HiRes, sort of. (44.1/24)

Last edited:
Beautiful duo album that I discovered on BandCamp;

well recorded and very well played. Highly recommended. https://sunnysiderecords.bandcamp.com/album/ballads-and-standards

Prince - Piano & A Microphone 1983. this is a quality release and no doubt the best possible sound from a live to cassette private recording of Prince with his piano - engineered by Burnie Grundman and mastered for vinyl by Chris Bellman - if the Prince Estate continue to use these guys to bring his vault material into the public arena, we will be in safe hands - Burnie has mastered Princes albums since the very beginning. Pressed @ Optimal in Germany.

Musically it is so beautiful and direct, and so sad at the same time for the obvious reason that the legend is gone. I am spinning it again for a 2nd time. 5 stars *****

45044239502_3c266b39de_b.jpg

44181609875_83f76a4de9_b.jpg

Reactions: Skylab
The Rolling Stones ?– Their Satanic Majesties Request. the 50th anniversary super fold out box set with mono & stereo versions of vinyl and SACD/CD. mine is #739. vinyl half speed mastered @ Abbey Rd.

Awesome is the word.

44408230894_2414d15ea1_b.jpg

I just received this. Havent watched the movie but the music is good. The recording is digital but it sounds quite ok to me. Feels like watching a movie. The vinyl is very quiet.

DFB90FCF-240C-4A3C-A3AD-4935FC25E1AF.jpeg

Last edited:
The Cure ?– Mixed Up - the new 2018 2lp remaster - remastered @ 1/2 speed by Tim Young @ metropolis and assisted by Robert @ home - lol whatever that means. sound quality is excellent as it the pressing from GZ.
heard the original release from 1990, but this is superb. why did I wait so long.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing