? What Jazz Music Selection are you Listening to in the Now? | Analog, Digital ??????

Rensselaer

VIP/Donor
Mar 23, 2021

View attachment 126881
This one seems to have been recorded during lock down probably quite simply which means it sounds great!
I have downloaded many of the Avalon bands‘ videos. I love Tatiana Eva-Marie and really wish that one of the top-flight analogue engineers (like Kevin Grey at Coherent Audio) would cut some vinyl of them (suspect would end up being one of those classic high demand records).

Rexp

Aug 31, 2022
I have downloaded many of the Avalon bands‘ videos. I love Tatiana Eva-Marie and really wish that one of the top-flight analogue engineers (like Kevin Grey at Coherent Audio) would cut some vinyl of them (suspect would end up being one of those classic high demand records).
Yeah, I only recently came across her after this video popped up on my YouTube feed :

Rensselaer

VIP/Donor
Mar 23, 2021
Yeah, I only recently came across her after this video popped up on my YouTube feed :

Try this one, ol' skool definitely

and this:

Rensselaer

VIP/Donor
Mar 23, 2021
Very nice and the album sounds good on Tidal too:
View attachment 127116
I didn’t realise that a recording (other than Youtube) had been made. I only have a vinyl rig, no tidal, any idea if/where available on vinyl?

hopkins

Sep 10, 2022
Paris
paulstephane.github.io
On the topic of jazz vocalists, this video is really interesting:

Cecil McLorin Salvant comments on recordings from Bill Savory's collection: recorded broadcasts from the late 30s, early 40s.
Her comments on the singers are really insightful and I love her enthusiasm.

What strikes me listening to all these songs is how they sound so spontaneous and "fresh" while at the same time so effortlessly flawless in conception and execution.

Last edited:

Rexp

Aug 31, 2022
Only just discovered Lennie Tristano via this video, this album is not on digital but the album Lennie Tristano HD Remastered is.

Reactions: Rensselaer

Rensselaer

VIP/Donor
Mar 23, 2021

Just played this recording from the 50’s, in mono on stereo system.

Reactions: Rexp

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing