? What Jazz Music Selection are you Listening to in the Now? | Analog, Digital ??????

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
2FEE6771-E350-4989-A5FC-AA0A67BAAD72.jpeg
Jowee Omicil is part creole and soul and perhaps a part Ornette Coleman... a refreshingly alive, fun and a very accessible kind of jazz that gets back to the core roots of cool. It’s all in the joy.

Last edited:

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Yacine Boulares, Vincent Segal and Nasheet Waits and the world of jazz is forever a fascinating place. Love it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vicov and NorthStar

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
A little taste of Chris Lightcap’s Bigmouth and Deluxe. Lush jazz with plenty of soul and nuance. Worth a listen if you are unfamiliar with this great jazz outfit.

Reactions: Vicov and NorthStar

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
The Minzell Brothers worked with Donald Byrd as well in that mid-to-late 70s period. If you dig that sound, I'm sure you'll like his albums too.
Lonnie Liston Smith had a solid run of 4 albums, starting from his 1st, and you might want to continue with the others, only they become a little more slick, with some vocals, etc.

Reactions: Blue58

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Grant Green... this is pretty sublime. Highly recommended.
5E8D692D-ED2E-4DF4-B189-F57283C60C12.jpeg

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Horns SET and Joe Henderson...
DC444D41-E394-4E34-92F3-3C56EB778D75.jpeg
Perfect match... this is exceptionally good 60’s jazz.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
...Or exploring exotic underground caves around the globe, or @ the base of Angel Falls, Venezuela...Mount Roraima...South America.
_____

And because you posted Chet Baker (big fan), I was listening to this just a bit earlier ...

Welcome Maurice in jazz ...

mauricemishael

Dec 4, 2019
Egypt
mauricemishael.bandcamp.com
...Or exploring exotic underground caves around the globe, or @ the base of Angel Falls, Venezuela...Mount Roraima...South America.
_____

And because you posted Chet Baker (big fan), I was listening to this just a bit earlier ...

Welcome Maurice in jazz ...
I really like how different countries, cultures take a different approach on jazz it's really interesting

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
I really like how different countries, cultures take a different approach on jazz it's really interesting
I find it fascinating that those places with an environmental starkness seem so often to make great platforms for pictorial ambient jazz... the big stark challenging landscapes seem to inspire that near infinite ambient picture... Northern Europe, Israel, Iceland, and then those places with a history of sharp cultural tension then make for a very different kind of at times soulful but also an inventive, brave and vibrant spirited jazz full of hope, brilliance and defiance.

We are expressive creatures responsive to both our landscapes and our cultures. Music strikes me always as the most sophisticated language of all. Just wish I could speak it better.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing