2018 Toyota Camry Photo Leak ?

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
what Toyota has to do to sell Camry's

1547869109321.png

these are comparative lease rates. we lease about 25% of the cars we sell. some East Coast markets do 60% leasing (salt on roads, lower annual mileage used) basically; you multiply the money factor by 2.4 to get an equivalent interest rate. there are other factors involved so it's not 100% that simple. there are lease acquisition fees, on Honda the GAP insurance is included, you have to pay extra for that on the Camry, and lease end disposition fees are different. but the rate is a big deal and make about a $75 per month difference on the same trim level cheaper for the Camry.

.00006 x 2.4 = .00014----.014% is the rate......essentially zero interest......for a fresh new model. a joke.

the Accord has a .00136 money factor.....x 2.4 = 3.26%.......a few basis points over prime. decent deal for a car that stands on it's own as a value. obviously also a higher residual.

Accords sell about equal retail volume to Camry if you take away the fleet rental car sales of Camry. due to much lower residuals, not many of those other brands are leased. payments mostly not competitive as well as the whole value proposition. this is why many manufacturers are abandoning the car market in favor of sport utilities. the bar is set very high by Honda on value, and Toyota on the deal......in a shrinking segment.

you do get what you pay for.

Last edited:
Reactions: ferenc_k

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
Here's the latest 2019 Camry XLE review! :eek::eek:This reviewer tells what other reviewers... Will Not Dare Say about this new Camry XLE!! :cool:

Last edited:

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
How to remove the STEREO in a 2018 Camry LE so you can put the reference JBL {Pioneer} stereo head unit, $3700 new or >$600 at a salvage yard !:)

Last edited:

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
I agree with this reviewer but the LE rides much better than the XLE with nitrogen in the tires! I now have a 2019 Camry LE with Bridgestone tires with nitrogen...this car can play with the big boys.. like the S Class and others now!

audio.bill

May 27, 2013
Chicago suburbs
Wow, sounds like you could really save a lot by getting a Camry instead of the S Class Mercedes... Such a value! o_O:rolleyes:

Step one in comparison - Just get in and close the door. After hearing the tin can like sound of the Camry's door closing vs the vault like thump and isolated silence in the MB, and the game is over. There are similar differences in the level of refinement in nearly every aspect of the S Class compared to a Camry. I'd be thrilled if a Camry was in any way competitive with the MB and you could save all that money, but it's just a fantasy.

Last edited:

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
Wow, sounds like you could really save a lot by getting a Camry instead of the S Class Mercedes... Such a value! o_O:rolleyes:

Step one in comparison - Just get in and close the door. After hearing the tin can like sound of the Camry's door closing vs the vault like thump and isolated silence in the MB, and the game is over. There are similar differences in the level of refinement in nearly every aspect of the S Class compared to a Camry. I'd be thrilled if a Camry was in any way competitive with the MB and you could save all that money, but it's just a fantasy.

My 2019 Camry was 100% made in Japan, it's very quiet inside the cabin like Lexus!:cool:

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
I have a lot less noise inside my 2019 Camry by putting some Frost King Duct Insulation inside all four door panels.:)

Here's how you take off the front and back door panels

Here's how you put this stuff inside your door panels

Last edited:

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
I don't mind the 2019 Camry Hybrid, though i'd want to upgrade the audio system, incl: the HU. That said, my next car will be a hybrid SUV...possibly a 2020 Audi Q5 if they bring that model to Australia.

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
Here's a new review on a 2019 Camry...it now rides more like a new Lexus ES after Toyota improved the ride quality on the 2019's. Most of the wind noise and road noise is coming from the Door Panels, because Toyota did not put any sound deadening material inside the door panels or under the carpet or inside the headliner. I put two layers of sound deadening material inside my door panels and under my carpet and inside my headliner.

I bet my Camry is as Quiet as a Bentley now.

WOW!:eek:

Last edited:

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
The 2020 Camry Hybrid should be a very nice thing. Toyota are actually releasing a range of new hybrid cars next year, including the Rav 4 (not sure of the model name in the US).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing