2020 C8 Corvette introduction, thoughts ?

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Really cool looking. Bang for the buck too.
American audio should follow the path of Corvette.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I have owned three in the past and loved them . They all pale in comparison to what the C8 looks like it is going to be. My only thought is I WANT ONE.

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
It looks pretty awesome, but personally I think big block V8's (atleast in Australia where petrol prices are high) are dinosaurs. Hybrid and smaller turbo engines are more popular over here. Some very nice 2nd hand Porsches can be found for that money.

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California
Kind of a Corarri. I find the rear end ugly, but price to performance is staggering. Any bets on how long it'll take to work out the kinks in all the new bits and pieces in this thing?

twitch

Jun 17, 2010
SE Pa
Kind of a Corarri. I find the rear end ugly, but price to performance is staggering.

I'm gonna hold judgement on the rear end until I see it in person later this month @ Carlisle.

Any bets on how long it'll take to work out the kinks in all the new bits and pieces in this thing?

understood, that's why I'll hold off for a year or two, not to mention better pricing.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
I own one of the very first C7 and never had a problem with it (apart from once the Infotainment Display going black but that was exchanged during warranty).
This is in crass contrast to my C6 I had before that developed serious and repeted electronic problems :rolleyes:

I really love the C8 from the info and pics so far and especially that it still maintains a rather big storage space in the back :cool:

The C7 has a huge trunk with more than enough cargo space for two weeks Holidays together with my wife.
Or for 12 boxes of wine (without piling!)
Or for 2 Lamm monos, the Golden Gate DAC and a Preamp and cables and stuff :eek:

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Kind of a Corarri. I find the rear end ugly, but price to performance is staggering. Any bets on how long it'll take to work out the kinks in all the new bits and pieces in this thing?

The rear looks like a Camaro. Awful considering the rest looks so good.

I also remember when the C7 was supposed to be amazing, but sales said otherwise. And the C6....

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
The rear looks like a Camaro. Awful considering the rest looks so good.
I kind of agree with you.
I didn't like the rear of the C7 also not that much in the beginning and now I do find the C7 well done all around.
Let's wait and see the C8 in real life to judge.

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
I think it looks amazing from all angles.

They made it recognizable as a Corvette in the best ways, it retains excellent cargo capacity, and destroys the entire value proposition for performance cars.

Sorry, BMW Supra... obsolete right after launch! ;)

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
When it was revealed and I first saw it I thought it looked super cool, modern and svelte.
The price was also attractive...$60,000 for the base model.

But then I read further from the pros and all my enthusiasm evaporated, vanished completely.
The looks alone don't mean a thing, and some of the impressive specs the same.

And that square steering wheel...gimme a break.

* I won't post any link, but feel free to Google it...the best professional expert analysis from Corvette connoisseurs, you'll see...it's all there. And I trust everyone here (smart people) in only discovering the right articles, not the Mickey mouse fake stuff of the Internet.

Last edited:

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
What's wrong with the steering wheel? Square steering wheels have been around since the early '60's. The La Ferrari ($1.4M MSRP) uses one also.
totally agree

there's absolutely nothing wrong with it

everything I have read have been the usual disclaimers about electrical issues and the side engine but having said that the car looks ferocious

Reactions: christoph

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
If I would have said that I love the steering wheel, the overall car performance, the engine, etc., someone would have said the contrary.

The design looks cool, reasonably enough, not all the way (I like the front more than the rear).
The interior meh, and the steering wheel...it's all personal taste. You can't argue with personal taste when it comes to cars, to the new Corvette...in & out...in every aspect and respect.

And nobody here drove one yet, or did someone?

twitch

Jun 17, 2010
SE Pa
When it was revealed and I first saw it I thought it looked super cool, modern and svelte.
The price was also attractive...$60,000 for the base model.

But then I read further from the pros and all my enthusiasm evaporated, vanished completely.
The looks alone don't mean a thing, and some of the impressive specs the same.

And that square steering wheel...gimme a break.

* I won't post any link, but feel free to Google it...the best professional expert analysis from Corvette connoisseurs, you'll see...it's all there. And I trust everyone here (smart people) in only discovering the right articles, not the Mickey mouse fake stuff of the Internet.

LOL Bob, what 'Pros' are you talking about, the pathetic journalists who are unable to get a real job ?

Reactions: NorthStar

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011

twitch

Jun 17, 2010
SE Pa
No link, it's all yours to decipher the good from the bad.
The best writers for this one are the Corvette experts...that's who I recommend reading.
The ones who are unbiased and know which model year Corvettes are best.

? https://www.nydailynews.com/autos/street-smarts/7-best-corvettes-time-article-1.2091889

read the Daily News '7 Best', if that's to be believed ?? No way, while I agree the C2 is without doubt one of the most iconic but to say the '63 SW is the 'Holy Grail' ?? Again, who you consider experts and who I consider are two different things.

For the record I've owned Corvettes for over 42 years, did a body off restoration on a '66, received Bloomington Silver and then sold it less than 6 months later ! My current ride is a '67 BB(L36), vert, M21. While the C2 was the shortest of the generations the '67 was without question the best.

Bob, you have to understand the C8 has not even gone into production yet (4th qtr) so with respect to your 'expert options', mere conjecture at this point. Remember opinions are like bung holes, we all have 'em !

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
That's my type of modern Corvette design ... outside looks ...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing