$2k streaming system for a friend

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
A friend asked me to spec him a system for a $2k budget.
He has a drive with music files. He wants to stream spotify. He needs an amp and speakers that will shake the room.
Suggestions?

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
Looks nice but he also needs an amp and speakers. Wasn't there an NAD unit out there?

daytona600

Sep 9, 2012
scotland

nyrocker

Dec 4, 2017
I am truly blown away by the sound quality of a Lindemann Limetree Network streamer/dac. My system has been analog only for 30+ years and after trying Lumin and both Cambridge all-in-ones, I took a flyer one more time on this Limetree. Lindemann has the pedigree to do streaming right and it shows. And the form factor is awesome too. I will add that your friend should plan on Qobuz or Tidal rather than Spotify. For me it made the difference from just using it to explore music to actually playing it for serious listening.

Amp and speakers -- lots of options, listen first if you can. Maybe powered speakers will be a good option for him.

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing