32-bit VS 64-bit audio playback – Can you spot the difference?

Windows X

Feb 28, 2011
www.fidelizer-audio.com
After JPLAY Femto released with 64-bit only, some Nimitra clients asked me about reinstalling 64-bit version of Nimitra since it was shipped with 32-bit before so I decided to make a clip for clients to compare and see if they can hear the difference.

“32-bit audio playback recording”
Audio Player

00:00

00:00

Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume.

1. “32-bit audio playback recording”
0:30
2. “64-bit audio playback recording”
0:30
These two tracks are recorded from the same physical hardware with dual boot to 32-bit and 64-bit OS version with Audacity software using WASAPI and Razor Siren X through JCAT USB Card Femto + NikolaS. I also use 64-bit application for audio playback in 64-bit OS too.

If video playback doesn't work, you can try playing from this page directly too.

http://www.fidelizer-audio.com/32-bit-vs-64-bit-audio-playback-can-you-spot-the-difference/

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing