60 Tube watt mono blocks enough for 805 Nautilus

Foohead

Sep 8, 2022
Hi All,
I have a pair of B&W 805 Nautilus speakers. I have a stereo tube amp now and would like to try mono blocks.
Do you think 60 watts per mono is enough for the 805's?
I listen mainly to jazz, and not very loud.

Pacha

VIP/Donor
Apr 23, 2014
Hi All,
I have a pair of B&W 805 Nautilus speakers. I have a stereo tube amp now and would like to try mono blocks.
Not an exact comparison but, I happily drove B&W 801D's with a 75 watt stereo tube amp. Did it get better with more power? Yes but, at reasonable levels Jazz and Chamber music was very pleasant.

deardorff8x10

May 27, 2022
Hi All,
I used the ARC VT60 and Shindo Montille (~20W) stereo amps with a pair for a number of years and it seemed great to me. They even sort of worked with 300b SETs, but couldn't go really loud. They are in storage now, but I would like to try them again with my ARC 160M monoblocks in triode mode.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing