8B Amp Ground Wire How To

Bino

Oct 30, 2022
Hi
I'm setting up my 8b Amp, with a ground wire in the back of the amp but I do not know where to connect the end?
Also connecting a 7 and 10B unit but do not see any ground wires on these.
Wish I could be clearer but I'm new to this, any guidance would be a huge help, it is the very last thing to do before these are powered up.
Thank you

Atmasphere

Industry Expert
May 4, 2010
St. Paul, MN
www.atma-sphere.com
The 8B has no ground wire. Someone has added it. It should be like the 7 and 10B which also had no ground wire.

Has this amp been refurbished? If not, your power transformer is at risk. The same goes for the preamp and tuner! The capacitors in the power supply fail over time; at this point none of the original parts are good. Do not run them until you know the power supply filter capacitors have been replaced with new. Power transformers smell terrible when they burn up and will be very expensive to replace!

Reactions: Bino

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing