A 74-year-old woman reportedly gave birth to twins, may be the oldest ever to give birth Joshua Bote, USA TODAY

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
As a retired Ob/Gyn I can only shake my head read about this. Not that it is a medical iracle but rather an act of medical malpractice in this country She is 73 and the father is 82

We all look forward to seeing our kids graduate college or get married but for these parents the happy day will be seeing their child start kindergarten

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...e-birth-has-twins-at-74-years-old/2231598001/

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
As a retired Ob/Gyn I can only shake my head read about this. Not that it is a medical iracle but rather an act of medical malpractice in this country She is 73 and the father is 82

We all look forward to seeing our kids graduate college or get married but for these parents the happy day will be seeing their child start kindergarten

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...e-birth-has-twins-at-74-years-old/2231598001/
Being the other half of a mirror twin...all
I can say is at least the twins will have each other after their parents are gone. A different culture.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I think my life was better before reading that headline.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Preposterous.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Selfish. However "good" the intentions of the parents may have been. And yes, medical malpractice..

Reactions: PeterA

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Children shouldn't be considered as mere accessories.

In my view, a wallet and belt are way more practical and useful LOL.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Can't make it up. Having a kid at that age should be banned from anyone's bucket list. Ultimate expression of Me Me Me.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
On the flip side, I have a tenant who recently told me that she had her first at 15 and wants to be a grandmother by the time she is 30. We are supposed to celebrate cultural differences. So as not to be seen as judgemental, I simply smiled, wished her well and left the room. What are we doing?

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Peter, imagine the post war generation. Were any of them so selfish as to have children while they're still to become an adult (15 yrs old mother) or have regressed from adulthood to childhood (74 yrs old mother)?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing