A fun photo for the day

DiWil

Jul 27, 2021
South of Deux Sevres, France
Then the start of.....whatever you put in you sure get out...54 years this year. no remission either..lol
This shot with my late Dad, he was a great Dad to me and my sister..taught me a lot and still follow his advice and way of living.

Attachments

• wedding2.jpg
    wedding2.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: marslo

Andrew S.

Mar 20, 2021
Hobart, Tasmania
And here in Southern California it’s pushing 100 every day with raging wildfires once again.

Oh Steve, I am so sorry about the bushfires - sorry wildfires as you call them. As you know, when they come in Australia, they come, so I certainly can understand what the folks over your way are going through.

Heartfelt best wishes to all affected.

Andrew S.

Mar 20, 2021
Hobart, Tasmania
Then the start of.....whatever you put in you sure get out...54 years this year. no remission either..lol
This shot with my late Dad, he was a great Dad to me and my sister..taught me a lot and still follow his advice and way of living.

Thank for sharing this. It is deeply personal and all the more special for it. Having a wonderful father (and mother) is the most precious thing a person can inherit as they get older: the memories of it.

54 years! Congratulations. Lucky woman!

DiWil

Jul 27, 2021
Thank for sharing this. It is deeply personal and all the more special for it. Having a wonderful father (and mother) is the most precious thing a person can inherit as they get older: the memories of it.

54 years! Congratulations. Lucky woman!
.Mother was not nice....
But Dad was very much our whole world with our upbringing and that is what we focus on.

No time for regrets, life is too short. End of that Subject...
Right Fun Photo here we come...........

Reactions: Andrew S.

DiWil

Jul 27, 2021
https://i.ibb.co/gJCdLNw/car-odd.jpg
AN EARLY 1960S-ERA MARK 2, in British racing green, hangs precipitously over Cours Victor Hugo in central Bordeaux. Luckily, no Jaguars were harmed in the making of this parking lot.

The garage serves Marché Victor Hugo (the local farmers market) and nearby sports arena, and was built in the 1960s by architects Jean Dauriac and Pierre Laffitte (who also built the arena). When the structure went under renovations in the early 1990s, designer, artist and architect Jean-François Dosso added the Jaguar, originally thought to be only a temporary public art installation.

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
I only miss the Sea.
Yet to visit Porquerolles

Been over to the West of our Place....
Sure took some climbing up, and wow came down faster than really wanted to!
Pyla sur Mer
View attachment 80761

[ View attachment 80763
This is a really impressive view! I didn't even know that there're islands located on the southern coast of France.

"In 1971 the state bought 80 percent of the island to preserve it from development. Much of the island is now part of a national park (the Port-Cros Parc National) and nature conservation area" - I guess it's not a very crowded place, is it?

TooCool4

Feb 7, 2013
England
Sydney

Sydney night.jpg

DiWil

Jul 27, 2021
This is a really impressive view! I didn't even know that there're islands located on the southern coast of France.

"In 1971 the state bought 80 percent of the island to preserve it from development. Much of the island is now part of a national park (the Port-Cros Parc National) and nature conservation area" - I guess it's not a very crowded place, is it?
No.... 200 in an area slightly smaller than our Commune, of Montalembert we have around 300 listed but about 50 as 2nd homes....We are living in peace here..Tractors and like mainly passing us by.
It is why we moved here..needed to leave the rate race...

• Love
Reactions: AMR / iFi audio

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
No.... 200 in an area slightly smaller than our Commune, of Montalembert we have around 300 listed but about 50 as 2nd homes....We are living in peace here..Tractors and like mainly passing us by.
It is why we moved here..needed to leave the rate race...
Looks like a perfect place for a holiday as well... Far away from crowds and still with great views and beaches... Stunning!

Reactions: DiWil and Andrew S.

DiWil

Jul 27, 2021
042.jpg 047.jpg 048.jpg
Just my Route to the Supermarket..The Roads are narrow and fairly empty but the Vehicles do
arrive out of nowhere, they are mad drivers..especially the older ones.
14 year olds are allowed to drive after having some classroom study..They do not get a licence though...!!!

Reactions: rando

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing