A fun photo for the day

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
As a child I loved Pinocchio View attachment 81849 funny that, because I still do... View attachment 81850
That is Our very first real home from 1968..Beddington in Surrey. The Photo is more recent as we never had the black rails to help prevent you falling in the River Wandle....guess what!!
Ours was the 2nd house No. 82 Guy Road and the first house was 84..they sold off there side garden ahd they built some horrid looking apartments there with underground parking..Talk about out of charactrer with the area....
This is a very old picture of the road, before cars and the houses were the river bank back at that time...

View attachment 81851
You post some very nice pictures.

Reactions: DiWil

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
The Second one on the above post card...
The arena of the Gallo-Roman amphitheater is completely flooded. One can almost imagine the naval battles that took place during the time of the Roman Empire within the Colosseum.
Photo: Quentin Petit

View attachment 81827
Looks pretty impressive. Wonder how many spectators it could fit.

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Could not help it.

Patient: “How much does it cost to have a tooth pulled?”

Dentist: “Without pain, it costs $100. If you have pain, then it costs $200.”

Patient: “Do it without pain then. It’s cheaper and painless!”

The dentist then begins to pull the patient’s tooth without anesthesia. The patient screams out in pain.

Dentist: “You have pain. This is now a $200 extraction.”

Last edited:
  • Love

DiWil

Jul 27, 2021
South of Deux Sevres, France
chateau-de-verteuil-sur-charente-poitou-charentes-france-d373f4.jpg

This is the village of Verteuil sur Charente aprrox. 15 mintues drive from our home in Montalembert. The Chateau is Huge and I have added two internal Photos.
you can hire rooms for Wedding etc.

thumbnail.jpeg
8864385-diaporama.jpg
Conferlons is aprrox. 1 hours drive away and it the Home to my Brother in Law and his Wife.
All the river villages are beautiful and most villages are full of Ancient Buildings.
16106_commune_3.jpg 29876618753_01911eceff_b.jpg

bungee jumps from the highest viaduc.png
So the bungee jumps they do from the Highest Viaduct the Lower one is the road into the Isle of Jourdain.
france-vienne-l-isle-jourdain-le-viaduc-sur-la-vienne-et-le-village-vue-aerienne-eck776.jpg
My Daughter has a home for Holidays nearer to Conferlons than ours in Montalembert.
Isle of Jourdain is the next village from where her house is named Moussac also with the river but very quiet but does have lots of water sports on the river just meters from her house.
All photos are from the internet, although I have some simular, they are not as good as these ones...

Attachments

• isle of jourdain road river.jpg
    isle of jourdain road river.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 1

DiWil

Jul 27, 2021
Next will do Melle, a rather Ancient Place has a lively Market and lot of very old buildings...and had to go for a Heart Check up their in August that was rather dramatic, as when I came out with a 24 hour heart monitor in place....trying to keep relaxed, saw Husband talking to an elderley couple, rather intensely....
The male had hit our first ever brand new car by crashing his door onto our car.....short version..police arrived all got sorted after a fashion...notes taken, paperwork done, police helped..all fixed locally to us and perfect result..had a hire car just for 1 day..was a right flintstone car...
Happy Husband again...Heart results were fairish...
Melle...

1631825828065.png
1631825785961.png
1631825899217.png
1631826051774.png

1631826153912.png
Melle was founded during the reign of Charlemagne, likely because silver was discovered nearby. The geography of the area was perfect for silver and experts have found numerous mines around Melle. The most important discovery was a mine right next to Melle, now called the Mines d’Argent des Rois Francs.

Operating between 602 and 995, the mine was also given the right to mint coins between 864 and 995. The mine then disappeared from records, until it was rediscovered, in the 19th century, when the cliff face was quarried to build roads. Although the original entrance to the mine has been lost, over 20km of tunnels still exist underground, with 350m open to the public for guided visits.

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
Next will do Melle, a rather Ancient Place has a lively Market and lot of very old buildings...and had to go for a Heart Check up their in August that was rather dramatic, as when I came out with a 24 hour heart monitor in place....trying to keep relaxed, saw Husband talking to an elderley couple, rather intensely....
The male had hit our first ever brand new car by crashing his door onto our car.....short version..police arrived all got sorted after a fashion...notes taken, paperwork done, police helped..all fixed locally to us and perfect result..had a hire car just for 1 day..was a right flintstone car...
Happy Husband again...Heart results were fairish...
Melle...

View attachment 82050
View attachment 82049
View attachment 82051
View attachment 82052

View attachment 82053
Melle was founded during the reign of Charlemagne, likely because silver was discovered nearby. The geography of the area was perfect for silver and experts have found numerous mines around Melle. The most important discovery was a mine right next to Melle, now called the Mines d’Argent des Rois Francs.

Operating between 602 and 995, the mine was also given the right to mint coins between 864 and 995. The mine then disappeared from records, until it was rediscovered, in the 19th century, when the cliff face was quarried to build roads. Although the original entrance to the mine has been lost, over 20km of tunnels still exist underground, with 350m open to the public for guided visits.
Beautiful castle.

Reactions: PeterA

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
View attachment 81981

This is the village of Verteuil sur Charente aprrox. 15 mintues drive from our home in Montalembert. The Chateau is Huge and I have added two internal Photos.
you can hire rooms for Wedding etc.

View attachment 81989
View attachment 81991
Conferlons is aprrox. 1 hours drive away and it the Home to my Brother in Law and his Wife.
All the river villages are beautiful and most villages are full of Ancient Buildings.
View attachment 81983 View attachment 81985

View attachment 81997
So the bungee jumps they do from the Highest Viaduct the Lower one is the road into the Isle of Jourdain.
View attachment 81999
My Daughter has a home for Holidays nearer to Conferlons than ours in Montalembert.
Isle of Jourdain is the next village from where her house is named Moussac also with the river but very quiet but does have lots of water sports on the river just meters from her house.
All photos are from the internet, although I have some simular, they are not as good as these ones...
Having a wedding in such a castle? Not too bad, I'd say.

Reactions: Andrew S.

DiWil

Jul 27, 2021
Having a wedding in such a castle? Not too bad, I'd say.

All-inclusive Elopement Packages​

wedding castle

Our all-inclusive Elopement Packages start at 6900€. That includes luxury accommodations, food and drink, ceremony, hair and makeup, photography, day of event coordinator, all set in one of the most romantic destination wedding venues in France.
  • Chateau accommodations 2 Nights stay
  • Food and Beverages
  • Photography
  • Ceremony and Celebrant
  • Rentals and Decor
  • Day of Event Coordinator
I found this price list..not sure exactly what you get for your Money though....
I know our Wedding was done on a purse string..kept the cost low and My late Dad he then gave us a lump sum towards our saving's for our own House....

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Boston at sunrise and our harbor full of boats both taken yesterday morning by my wife who was flying on a business trip. That small harbor supports six yacht clubs, one of which is for kids 9-18 only. It is run by kids for kids and it produces some of the best sailors in the country.

IMG_0008.jpeg

IMG_0013.jpeg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing