A fun photo for the day

DiWil

Jul 27, 2021
South of Deux Sevres, France
Ha - thanks - its got its good points for sure. Weather is abit ordinary on occasion, but its been mostly mild this year.

Out of the big cities - Australia really has some stunning scenery.
My Husbands Great Grandfather and Great Grandmother plus the one Son being Hubbs Grandfather..took a ship, a steam ship called The city of Melbourne bound for Port Phillip 1872 May and arrived August 1872 had two more children whilst there...I do Ancestry on Hubbs Family as his French side are so so interesting....

Reactions: Andrew S.
Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
View attachment 81221
Pont du Gard in Provence reveals the legacy of Roman civilization in the region. A marvel of ancient engineering, this graceful arched aqueduct supplied water (over 2,000 years ago) to the nearby town of Nîmes, which is also full of classical-era monuments.
the Romans knew their math too.......10cm height difference in 1km!

DiWil

Jul 27, 2021
the Romans knew their math too.......10cm height difference in 1km!
These are Not photos I have taken Personally, but places I have visited, one time or another over the years, Camping and Caravanning always independently..Hated the Hotel life style...did that as a kid never felt like luxury to moi...
Love the old buildings and churches also...My property here was built in 1801, not as old as many though around this area..

DiWil

Jul 27, 2021
These Winstanley Cats are fun..maybe just to me though...
here goes they have a business in Norfolk and it started in London by Jenny Winstanley..long gone now...
They have had various artists painting the Cats mainly Cats that is..and each artist as you would excpect has his own style..one wa Mike Hinton..never have purchased any of his but admired them a lot...
the first photo happened because is was bath day....the next two are the same.,.except they look like they are following you.....well they are, they have glass eyes...The last photo with more Cats are waiting to be bathed..not today,
008.JPG 014.JPG too many out already!

Attachments

• 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    217.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    170.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    170.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

DiWil

Jul 27, 2021
I was born in a place called Croydon in the County of Surrey. South of London ..Always thought it a good place to grow up in ..The Sixties that is..
croydon-north-end-1960s-e1358765402185.jpg
On the Left with the red signage is Woolworths..Sad day when they went to the wall....
by 2013 The Council had assigned £1. Billion for plans to build Britain's biggest Shopping Centre.
Croydon over the years has had many problems and my home town today is Bankrupt itself..Shopping Centre got built and remains empty of anything....
Plans for the other Shopping Mall called Whitgift Centre, built in the the 60's, regeneration plans of another huge sum of money......have not happened as yet..French owned, just discovered...
The town has suffered Riots in 2012....whole areas were alight...knock on affect from North London riots..Good friend was a police and on duty that day....he left a few years later as the job is so so stressful...

by 2000 onwards... 101-George-Street-from-George-Street.jpg

I like to read the local Croydon news still..even though I left the area in 2000....Went to the South Coast of England....Bexhill on Sea..next door to Hastings..off 1066 fame....

Reactions: Addicted to hifi

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
I was born in a place called Croydon in the County of Surrey. South of London ..Always thought it a good place to grow up in ..The Sixties that is..
View attachment 81277
On the Left with the red signage is Woolworths..Sad day when they went to the wall....
by 2013 The Council had assigned £1. Billion for plans to build Britain's biggest Shopping Centre.
Croydon over the years has had many problems and my home town today is Bankrupt itself..Shopping Centre got built and remains empty of anything....
Plans for the other Shopping Mall called Whitgift Centre, built in the the 60's, regeneration plans of another huge sum of money......have not happened as yet..French owned, just discovered...
The town has suffered Riots in 2012....whole areas were alight...knock on affect from North London riots..Good friend was a police and on duty that day....he left a few years later as the job is so so stressful...

by 2000 onwards... View attachment 81278

I like to read the local Croydon news still..even though I left the area in 2000....Went to the South Coast of England....Bexhill on Sea..next door to Hastings..off 1066 fame....

Thanks for sharing.

DiWil

Jul 27, 2021
1629813786942.png

Honfleur has long seduced artists with its picturesque old fishing harbor and typical Norman-style waterfront houses. Claude Monet, Eugène Boudin, and other Impressionist painters cherished the scenery of Honfleur, depicting the port and seascape in beautiful paintings.
1629813898074.png

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
Amiens Cathedral at night

View attachment 81333

The 13th-century Cathédrale Notre-Dame in Amiens is the largest Gothic cathedral in France. Besides the remarkable proportions, the Cathedral of Amiens is renowned for its lavishly embellished facade featuring hundreds of sculpted religious figures.

View attachment 81334
A work of art.it’s unbelievable this cathedral was built so long ago.

Reactions: DiWil

TooCool4

Feb 7, 2013
England
Amiens Cathedral at night

View attachment 81333

The 13th-century Cathédrale Notre-Dame in Amiens is the largest Gothic cathedral in France. Besides the remarkable proportions, the Cathedral of Amiens is renowned for its lavishly embellished facade featuring hundreds of sculpted religious figures.
Lovely picture just like I remember it, I have been there as my friend and his wife use to live in Amiens.

TooCool4

Feb 7, 2013
England
I took this picture while at an Electro reunion concert at the Skala in London. I managed to get to the front and took some pic's. Don Dee of the B-Boys (footwear).

Don Dee.jpg

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Lovely place for a walk. Whereabouts be that?
Hi @Andrew S. , that was Qingtiangang Grassland Trail, next to Taipei. I went there a few years ago before Covid. You are absolutely right, it was a beautiful place. Not sure if you had a chance to visit Taiwan. I would totally recommend going there.

Reactions: Andrew S.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing