A fun photo for the day

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
I'm not much of a cook, but we do get nice fresh mussels, and I try to give it a bash.

This was before the carnage began. All looks very orderly at this point...

View attachment 81367

Wishing everyone a wonderful day, filled with love, laughter and happiness.
Looks very satisfying. How did you prepare it? Cooked, grilled, steamed?

Andrew S.

Mar 20, 2021
Hobart, Tasmania
Looks very satisfying. How did you prepare it? Cooked, grilled, steamed?

Oh, nothing special - fried off the eggplant, added the tomato/herb mix to make a sauce, I'd already cleaned the mussels and rinsed a few times in in fresh water, and so cooked them in the sauce and that was that - the remaining seawater in them (not much after a couple of rinses) gives great flavour: poor mussels - what a way to go. Served up with some spelt sourdough.

Actually came up alright, to my surprise.

Oh btw - I bought some NAD Viso HP50's and Air Max's for abit of fun, here are my thoughts in Tom's thread: https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/my-current-audio-systems.31269/post-740395

Long story short - returning both - I didn't care for the Max's, and the NAD's had build quality problems (ear pads disintegrated after less than 15 hours use).

Last edited:

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Maybe it is nothing special, but
A) I always pay attention to the presentation of the dish. You always eat with your eyes first. I was amazed with the neat simplicity of your dish.
B) You inspired me to cook something nice!

Thanks for the update on the HP50's. Already replied.

Reactions: Andrew S.

DiWil

Jul 27, 2021
South of Deux Sevres, France
Husband said from the Garden, I can smell Bacon..
Was going to have a Banana Sarnie for Lunch but soon changed his mind...
. View attachment 81774
It was and I actually enjoy Cooking now am retired form out work..

1631090039840.jpeg

1631090063724.jpeg
When I first went out my.. Hubbs he had two old cars like these...I later found out that he had no license at that time either..Boy did my Dad have to sort him out..lol
Problem was the Police stopped us coming back from his Parents House ..a place called Canvey Island....Essex County..He got a ban for a while..he leart the hard way..We do laugh at all that youth goings on...Cry at the fact they took his cars off him...

Reactions: Addicted to hifi

DiWil

Jul 27, 2021
1631090575904.jpeg

We drove from Croydon in the Black Car and parked in a back road..Went into the Theatre and saw the Beatles..all the girls were screaming so loud...you could not hear The Beatles Singing at all..Madness really but that was the how it was in the mid 60's...Still happens with some Bands....
When we came out we had forgotten which road we parked it in...Soon found it though, as it did Stick out by a mile...even back then it was an old banger...

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
View attachment 81778

We drove from Croydon in the Black Car and parked in a back road..Went into the Theatre and saw the Beatles..all the girls were screaming so loud...you could not hear The Beatles Singing at all..Madness really but that was the how it was in the mid 60's...Still happens with some Bands....
When we came out we had forgotten which road we parked it in...Soon found it though, as it did Stick out by a mile...even back then it was an old banger...
Is this an original ticket?

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
View attachment 81778

It is a original.that is something special to hold on to after all those years.

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
It was and I actually enjoy Cooking now am retired form out work..

View attachment 81775

View attachment 81776
When I first went out my.. Hubbs he had two old cars like these...I later found out that he had no license at that time either..Boy did my Dad have to sort him out..lol
Problem was the Police stopped us coming back from his Parents House ..a place called Canvey Island....Essex County..He got a ban for a while..he leart the hard way..We do laugh at all that youth goings on...Cry at the fact they took his cars off him...
Wish we had more dads like yours around!

DiWil

Jul 27, 2021
Is this an original ticket?
It is a original.that is something special to hold on to after all those years.
I have some Cliff Richard Programmes and other Concert Memorybrillia..Looked in all the obviously places as if that was our ticket it should be there...Found a 45 rpm record that I really dislike though..
wonder whose finger prints they are all over the record!
004.JPG

rando

Sep 22, 2019
Absent the heat these last few days have felt like Summer just settled in. Even the flowers seem to audibly gasp they can finally be watered enough to bloom.

0909211618b.jpg

Reactions: DiWil and PeterA

DiWil

Jul 27, 2021
As a child I loved Pinocchio 1345943-ee95425fd93918e1c53318c75d078c21.gif funny that, because I still do... guy road beddington.jpg
That is Our very first real home from 1968..Beddington in Surrey. The Photo is more recent as we never had the black rails to help prevent you falling in the River Wandle....guess what!!
Ours was the 2nd house No. 82 Guy Road and the first house was 84..they sold off there side garden ahd they built some horrid looking apartments there with underground parking..Talk about out of charactrer with the area....
This is a very old picture of the road, before cars and the houses were the river bank back at that time...

guy road.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing